Question about the Pro versions. It's not completely clear to me

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
As I mentioned in another post, I started yesterday with TPA on my iPhone. I installed the free version and purchased the Pro version of the Tale Of The Arabian Nights table. Additionally I purchased Black Hole, Bride Of Pin Bot, Medieval Madness, Ripley's and Theatre Of Magic. Buying the complete season packs is a bit too much for me as a beginning pinball player.
Now I only see the Pro Menu for Tales Of the Arabian Night and I see an option to buy the Pro version of Medieval Madness for an additional Euro 3,59.
Is this correct ? Are there no Pro versions of the other tables and is the Pro version of Medieval Madness indeed more the double the price of the regular one ?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Of the tables you mentioned, only Tales of the Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness have Pro versions. And yes, the Pro version upgrades are somewhat expensive. (They are less expensive you buy the Pro version of the table directly, instead of upgrading separately.)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I can't speak much for pricing but most of the tables do not have pro versions. They are generally for the more modern, DMD based tables, but a few of the others have it as well (Flight 2k, goin nuts, whirlwind, pinbot, dr. dude).

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Ton,

Welcome to TeePaff,

I will recommend picking up season 1 (pro or not is up to you) if you are new. You will save a boatload on it and you really are getting a lot of very highly regarded tables. Season 2 is very good, but the tables seem to have a bit more of a niche appeal as a lot of them are later alpha SS tables, plus the slew of Gottliebs that rounded out the end.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for the replies.
@superballs: Probably I should have bought the complete Season 1 pack from the start. Buying it now would cost me another Euro 26,- and I would pay again for the tables I already have purchased. That way Season 1 would be around Euro 40,- for me.

Btw, I don't see an option to buy Pro packs, apart from Medieval Madness that I already own and which I did upgrade meanwhile.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks for the replies.
@superballs: Probably I should have bought the complete Season 1 pack from the start. Buying it now would cost me another Euro 26,- and I would pay again for the tables I already have purchased. That way Season 1 would be around Euro 40,- for me.

Btw, I don't see an option to buy Pro packs, apart from Medieval Madness that I already own and which I did upgrade meanwhile.
in the my tables menu list of tables you purchased if you did not purchase pro there will be a coinslot icon next to the table that says go pro if a pro version is available. if you touch that icon you can purchase the pro version. Remember goals don't count and no leader boards if you change coin box settings.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
in the my tables menu list of tables you purchased if you did not purchase pro there will be a coinslot icon next to the table that says go pro if a pro version is available. if you touch that icon you can purchase the pro version. Remember goals don't count and no leader boards if you change coin box settings.

So if I understand it correctly now, I always have to purchase the "basic" table first and then I can upgrade it to the pro version if i want to ?
And it is not possible to purchase the pro version only and from the start ?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So if I understand it correctly now, I always have to purchase the "basic" table first and then I can upgrade it to the pro version if i want to ?
And it is not possible to purchase the pro version only and from the start ?
You can buy the Pro version of a table directly. It's usually a dollar cheaper than upgrading later.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Sean DonCarlos, thanks for your reply. But I still don't understand. For instance:
As far as I understand Attack From Mars, that I still did not purchase btw, should have a Pro version. Assuming that that is true: when I select it under Season 1 Tables and press Buy Now, I get the options to play the Free version, to buy Season 1 pack or buy Table Pack 10, which includes Genie. Nothing is mentioned about buying a Pro version.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Sean DonCarlos, thanks for your reply. But I still don't understand. For instance:
As far as I understand Attack From Mars, that I still did not purchase btw, should have a Pro version. Assuming that that is true: when I select it under Season 1 Tables and press Buy Now, I get the options to play the Free version, to buy Season 1 pack or buy Table Pack 10, which includes Genie. Nothing is mentioned about buying a Pro version.
There should also be an option to buy Table Pack 10 Pro, which will include the Pro version of Attack from Mars.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks again. You are right.
I now saw that I first have to select Buy Table Pack 10 and then I get the choice for normal or pro.
Sorry for my dumbness.

Dec 7, 2013
Pro is worth it for 3$ for Scared Stiff, since it allows you to have the uncensored voice clips.

I also bought it for Twilight Zone, Attack from Mars, and Medieval Madness since I play them a lot, and like to change the rules to turn off extra ball and make other adjustments .

It's worth having for the home console version too if you set up tournaments.

My only gripe is that if you want to upgrade later it costs 4.00$ versus buying pro first at 3.00$. I hope this is changed.

I also would purchase more pro modes if they were .99$ or 1.99$. As it stands I only own a few.

open6l

Aug 5, 2013
Pro is worth it for 3$ for Scared Stiff, since it allows you to have the uncensored voice clips.

I also bought it for Twilight Zone, Attack from Mars, and Medieval Madness since I play them a lot, and like to change the rules to turn off extra ball and make other adjustments .

It's worth having for the home console version too if you set up tournaments.

My only gripe is that if you want to upgrade later it costs 4.00$ versus buying pro first at 3.00$. I hope this is changed.

I also would purchase more pro modes if they were .99$ or 1.99$. As it stands I only own a few.

Pro is worth it for $3 since it allows uncensored clips???? since when is it worth spending money to "unlock" features already present in the original game. Sounds like a blatant money-grab attempt to me. You should not have to pay extra to hear and see additional clips. Imagine playing COD and having to pay to unlock "blood"... crazy!!!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Pro is worth it for $3 since it allows uncensored clips???? since when is it worth spending money to "unlock" features already present in the original game. Sounds like a blatant money-grab attempt to me. You should not have to pay extra to hear and see additional clips. Imagine playing COD and having to pay to unlock "blood"... crazy!!!

Since people decided it was worth it. He also listed many more reasons that pro mode was worth it. Also if an operator had activated family mode on a machine on location you wouldn't be able to change it anyway so it's not a given that it's included since the tables in tpa don't by default allow for operator menu access.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Since people decided it was worth it. He also listed many more reasons that pro mode was worth it. Also if an operator had activated family mode on a machine on location you wouldn't be able to change it anyway so it's not a given that it's included since the tables in tpa don't by default allow for operator menu access.

Bingo!

In an arcade environment, you get whatever settings the owner/operator chose to use. You don't get to play with the settings.

To do so, you would have to purchase the machine.

The small charge for access to the settings in this simulation is sure cheaper than buying a physical machine just to dink with the settings a bit!

:)

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
The way I see it, an extra few bucks for this is negligible. You can literally skip a single fast food meal for the price of one table ... or downsize from a biggie combo to a medium to justify the price difference for the pro.

In the end you'd be both healthier and happier.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
The way I see it, an extra few bucks for this is negligible. You can literally skip a single fast food meal for the price of one table ... or downsize from a biggie combo to a medium to justify the price difference for the pro.

In the end you'd be both healthier and happier.

Never thought of it that way, but you're right. I'm off to buy the next season!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts