Questions about Widebody tables and best orientation on PC

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Which tables in TPA are widebody? Do you feel that Landscape orientation (rather than Portrait) is the best way to play widebody tables in TPA on the PC platform? Am I correct that Genie is widebody in TPA? Is Star Trek Next Generation considered to be widebody in TPA (like it is in real life)? Any others?

One of my large TVs can be rotated on the wall to portrait, and I often use that one for a richer experience than I can get with my much smaller rotated montior. But that TV is not 3D capable. My even larger TV that is 3D cannot be rotated. Now that I just got a NVIDIA card it will be nice to try 3D Vision on that 3D TV, so I'm wondering which tables are best for landscape. (I understand from another thread that 3D Vision is currently only working on DX9, so that will need to suffice until it hopefully arrives on DX11 as well.)

Thanks.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Do you folks prefer to play these in Portrait or Landscape mode?

Oh, thinking about it further... Isn't the length of a real widebody table pretty close to that of a regular table? So portrait is still the most realistic even on a widebody simulation in TPA?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I'd say Pinball is meant to be played in portrait mode. I don't want landscape mode on any table.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Like I've said before ... once you go portrait ... you never go back. With NoEx Free Camera Mod, creating a perfect view even with wide body table in portrait is easy.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone for all your responses. Unfortunately I won't be able to flip to portrait that TV that has 3D (when I want to experiment with 3D with TPA). And from what I am reading, it sounds like no advantage of widebody over normal-body tables in landscape. But both my monitor and my wall mounted TV continue to be able to go into Portrait.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.