Radical and Rollergames

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rollergames, all the way. I mean, that soundtrack, c'mon!

I've played the prototype version of Radical, and though it was fun it was also weird. Very cluttered layout.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So Radical is a pretty awesome game because of those combo shots. I would really like to see it in TPA.

Rollergames, on the other hand, is a game I'm less likely to get tired of while playing, from my experience, and I'm not sure why. It's a pretty simple table and not particularly deep, but the layout is really fun and the theme is excellent. Of the two, the music and callouts in Rollergames is easily superior.

It's a tough choice but I have a huge softspot for Rollergames because it was one of the only tables in my area when I first started to get into pinball a couple years back. The owner reclaimed it from the location sometime last year and I haven't seen another one in my state since. So having full-time access would be a fun nostalgia trip.

I don't really understand why the licensing issues would be any more difficult than tables like Indy 500, LAH, FTBH, etc. The corporate logos are completely unessential and would be very easy to remove without marring the art. The Rollergames license itself has to be dirt cheap, the show was an immediate flop and was cancelled swiftly. The music is a cover of the original music for the show, the callouts are original, there aren't any names or likenesses.

My guess is that this is another EBD situation where FS just doesn't have any experience with the table and can't be arsed to look into it since they are so busy with true gems like Bone Busters, FTBH and all those other Premieres.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My guess is that this is another EBD situation where FS just doesn't have any experience with the table and can't be arsed to look into it since they are so busy with true gems like Bone Busters, FTBH and all those other Premieres.

Would have been the case maybe 4 years back. They are aware of its brilliance now. And no, licensing not any different than tables you mentioned.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Would have been the case maybe 4 years back. They are aware of its brilliance now. And no, licensing not any different than tables you mentioned.

If they do it and it doesn't have a Thermos and Gamepro on the play field, I'm going to be really disappointed :p

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
+1
but if it has to be just one then
Radical_MoP_1.png
---------------------
I think a "Seinfeld" episode had a "Radical & (Dr.) Dude" clue once. :cool:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Rollergames is a good first pinball game to play.

Once you get any good at all, it's actually a pretty easy table. But not stupidly easy.

If it's put into tpa, it will probably be on the easy side, and that is okay.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts