RBION Coming Tomorrow!

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Going to pick it up tomorrow. ($3K)

Playfield is in great shape; cabinet wear around the flipper buttons only. Seems to play really smoothly.

Not a machine I would call a keeper, but it could work for a while.

Thoughts? Is this a score?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure about the price ( I live in the UK ) but it's an awesome machine, I love mine.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Not sure about the price ( I live in the UK ) but it's an awesome machine, I love mine.

Cool! What machines do you own? Got a list posted anywhere?

Could also pick up a "Who Dunnit". Never have seen or played that machine, though.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I have a RBION for three months now. It's definitely going to stay. So fun, and great shots to make.

If this is your first pin, be warned: pins breed like rabbits :)
All I wanted was a vpin, now there are 8 real pins next to it... *g*

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
I have a RBION for three months now. It's definitely going to stay. So fun, and great shots to make.

Cool! Liked it in TPA, and a real one came up at a good price.

If this is your first pin, be warned: pins breed like rabbits :)

I'm seeing this now. This will actually be PIN #2... I have a TAF

All I wanted was a vpin, now there are 8 real pins next to it... *g*

lol who needs a bed

8 pins.... whoa. I'm coming to your house :p

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
It's here! Cab has a little more wear than I thought; some nicks around the corners of the head and cabinet... the coin door needs repainted. Overall really good shape though

2wdd7a9.jpg

2vxk7xf.jpg
2q8a8ex.jpg

301htmw.jpg

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
zx16rk.jpg

2qjvwvc.jpg

35n4f9w.jpg
2ywj1ww.jpg

The coin door looks trashed in this pic because it was wet! Snow was coming down hard during the delivery, and the front part of the machine was exposed to the water.

Now to bring this thing into the house and check it out.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Wrapped it up to bring inside.

Found some issues:

1) Kickout from Vari-Target doesn't detect the ball
2) The super-jackpot shot is impossible with the current upper flipper setup
3) Ball guide from the plunge is messed up

34fff2r.jpg

xao03.jpg

jsfzat.jpg

2vv17wo.jpg

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
The super jackpot is very hard to hit.

Cool Kev, that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Am not familiar with this machine at all.

Although it does seem like the upper flipper isn't angled in such a way that you could even shoot the super jack.

Rolling the ball up past the spinner several times (with the glass off) and activating the flipper, the highest trajectory the ball ever got is shown in here (flipper "limit" shown by blue line):

1zg4abd.jpg

Maybe the post rubber is in the way?

It seems like the flipper is gunked up or too slow or something. Will have to take a look at it.

The biggest issue right now is fixing the physical switch that indicates when the ball is inside the vari-target. I think the Y-shaped lead is dirty and is making the contact fail... which makes the solenoid not fire and the continent awards not get awarded.

Am taking videos of this right now, and will post progress soon.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well the flipper has to be aligned with the guide above it so as long as it's in line with that then there's not much else you can do I think. Again that shot is really tight and hard to hit, I usually end up collecting it by accident off a ricochet. On mine it's possible to hit even higher off that flipper, it's possible to hit the bit of the vari target that sticks out so good for Australia.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts