RBION Tactics and Strategies

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
A very important thing is to be able to nail shots at your on will. I can send shots whenever i want to the varitarget, left and right ramp. The penguin is a little less easy. The shrunken head i only achieve 50% of the time, and i might be exagerating on this last one. Is there anyone that can shoot the shrunken head at a 90% success rate. I realized that this may be possible with practice. This head shot might increase the point potential in atlantis.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I am really bad in multiballs i can usually do 2 jackpots or three most of the times, cut after that i drain most likely, this is why i dont score many points in atlantis. i ran a test game and accumulated 100 jewels as fast as possible which gave me 17 million jackpots. I went to atlantis then i only scored 3 jackpots and then drains of the multiballs, sure i was pissed. I need to be able to come up with a 2 ball technique that scores me many jackpots, any suggestions?.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Each gem equals 100,000pts added to the Atlantis jackpots. 10 gems equals 1million etc...

The 2X scoring bonus... I do that at least once through my tour of the continents. (Consider the stacking potentials. These scores will reflect on the end of tour) I do it on the end of tour. I do it for Atlantis.

As far as multi-ball goes, being able to shine on 2 balls is a skill I am blessed with.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
As far as multi-ball goes, being able to shine on 2 balls is a skill I am blessed with.

How many jackpots on average would you say you can get on any given multiball. Like I said i will usually get only three, but then it usually drains after that.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Run away as fas as you can from left bumpers. That means dont attempt asia, or superjackpots because those two can result in bumpers. Be disciplined. The only way to attempt asia or a super jackpot with safety in mind is stacking a multiball level on it, that gives you some space for errors.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Run away as fas as you can from left bumpers. That means dont attempt asia, or superjackpots because those two can result in bumpers. Be disciplined. The only way to attempt asia or a super jackpot with safety in mind is stacking a multiball level on it, that gives you some space for errors.
What? Not attempt Asia? The ball feeds to the upper right flipper after Asia starts, just run it through the left spinner twice and it'll loop around twice. By far the easiest and safest mode in the game.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
What? Not attempt Asia? The ball feeds to the upper right flipper after Asia starts, just run it through the left spinner twice and it'll loop around twice. By far the easiest and safest mode in the game.

Take an extra 10 seconds to stack a multi ball for insurance.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Take an extra 10 seconds to stack a multi ball for insurance.
I'd rather save my stack for something like Europe (which is legitimately dangerous in single-ball play) or South America (to get more shot opportunities within the very limited window).

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Well, I got some videos on the YouTube. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around on how to link them here but, if you check out "Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay" by some dude named judoflip, you'll get to see the voodoo that I do.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
copy the www. link with copy then...oh wait your on a PS3 it doesn't show the video link....you can still post it it jus wont apear as a video here just the web address. or click on the thing that looks like film/movie and enter the copied link.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay

Well, I got some videos on the YouTube. I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around on how to link them here but, if you check out "Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay" by some dude named judoflip, you'll get to see the voodoo that I do.

@Squid ... are these the right ones?

I turned up 4 of them on that search ... btw .. if this is you ... okay, I'm impressed (and heading back to RBION to practice)!

1. Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8XY0XaBGQ

2. Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-jd36P8Vpc

3. Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay (3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVImiXnoe4

4. Pinball Arcade RBION gameplay (4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8XY0XaBGQ

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Sir! Those are the correct videos, Sir! (Had to do it) Thanks for linking 'em here. Who knows how long it would''ve been til I figured it out?

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for the videos. Great playing.
I have questions that havent figured out, and the instructions dont carry explanation, plus with gameplay I cant figure out.

I noticed your firs trip to antartica you start to score on 900k per jack pot ramp. You had ofcourse the 2x score, so that would make it a 450k originally. My penguin jackpots start at 100k, what makes you be able to rise the potential score for the penguin jackpots before hand? This is a huge question I have had about this table for quite a while, and I cant seem to figure out.

For some time i thought it was by the " ripleys event" that says "raise jackpots" or something like that, but i never saw you gettting the event in the scoop.

Great play by the way, 300 mill on three balls is impresive.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Mr. SkillShot, thanks for advice. I'll keep that in mind but, I just got a new fangled super phone to figure out too.

Mr. Arturo. That's a good question. I can only speculate that the Antartica jackpots have something to do with the penguin loops. I really don't know. When I'm doin' a continent like Antartica, I'm generally more focused on collecting the required amount of jackpots for a letter than how much they score. We both know where the big points come from. That's what I focus on.

BTW I was waist deep in a 12er and a pint of scotch when I decided to dive into the project of posting a video. It was the first game I've played in a month.
I've been busy with new toys and have been neglecting my pinballin'.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Mr. SkillShot, thanks for advice. I'll keep that in mind but, I just got a new fangled super phone to figure out too.

Mr. Arturo. That's a good question. I can only speculate that the Antartica jackpots have something to do with the penguin loops. I really don't know. When I'm doin' a continent like Antartica, I'm generally more focused on collecting the required amount of jackpots for a letter than how much they score. We both know where the big points come from. That's what I focus on.

BTW I was waist deep in a 12er and a pint of scotch when I decided to dive into the project of posting a video. It was the first game I've played in a month.
I've been busy with new toys and have been neglecting my pinballin'.
Antarctic Jackpots are tied into the penguin loops, something like 25K times the number of penguin loops you've collected, limit 500K or so. I don't remember the precise rules and can't be arsed to find out right now. Those particular brain cells are devoted to holding the entire TZ ruleset in memory right now. :D

And if that's how you play after a pint of scotch and some beer on top of that, remind me never to play you in a tournament when you're sober!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Antarctic Jackpots are tied into the penguin loops, something like 25K times the number of penguin loops you've collected, limit 500K or so. I don't remember the precise rules and can't be arsed to find out right now. Those particular brain cells are devoted to holding the entire TZ ruleset in memory right now. :D

And if that's how you play after a pint of scotch and some beer on top of that, remind me never to play you in a tournament when you're sober!
Yeah good gameplay for beer and scotch. Really tight.
After a beer I start to play loose myself which equals to multiple drains. So when I play pinball is about the only time anyone would see me sober

As for the jackpots your right, it starts at 25 k and after 5 penguin loops they go up to around 100k, then you need to score 25 loops to go to the next level which is 500k or therabouts, the next level would be 99 loops and I didnt care to run agame and inquire about that particular score, maybe it loops down to 25k.

I do remember in a big game I gradually put up the big foot score in north america to 8 million every time i sent the balls up the ramps, so I was like crazy going for those North America tours with a 2x for jackpots of 18 million or so, eventually the jackpots went back down to the regular 100k or therabouts, so I ignored them... Thing is I dont know how I increased those North America Jackpots.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Help me to help you.

As limited as my cognitive abilities are nowadays, I haven't forgotten about you guys. I am actually quite mystified myself as to how I do what I do on this table. Roughly 75% of my games, on the whole of TPA, are under the influence of alcohol, painkillers or both. (Wooo! I feel kinda funny.) If I knew more specifically as to what troubles you, I would try harder to make you guys Masters of Atlantis. I like to think of it as kickin' Aquaman out. To keep things short, I'm having some difficulty comin' up with things that haven't been said already. All I do on this table can be shown in a small video.

My first video was taken down because I was too drunk and was more focused on trying to figure a new phone. This new video shows what I really wanted to show. 30 minutes of one-ball gameplay.

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlto39Kjm9c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKzfxXha6A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwizEoGlAj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Part 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nuVkXrojOY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My phone won't upload 30 min videos and my PS3 chops 'em to pieces. Sorry 'bout that. Enjoy.

Again, if you hombres have anything specific you would like to hear about or see how I do things, shout it out now. I will do my best to accommodate you. Anyone who knows me, knows that I work best as a 1 on 1 kind of teacher. The only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm really not bad at this table for the most part but the multi ball continents are the death of me. That and Africa. I guess that makes me really bad at collecting letters.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.