re-themeing some of the best pins that are impossible to get licencing, good or bad?

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'd be against this for the case of The Addams Family: so much of that table's appeal comes from the theme, and specifically from Raul Julia's voice acting, that a rethemed table would be less worth pursuing than licenses that Farsight can actually get. If someone else wants to make a generic original table with similar gameplay to The Addams Family, that's fine, but that kind of thing is the specialty of Zen or the Pro Pinball folks.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I thought a rethemed Addams already exists? It's called Whirlwind, or was it RBIoN, or maybe it was called Roller Coaster Tycoon, or was it Monopoly?

I keeed. I keeed.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Rethemed TAF would be like listening to a local band doing a poor cover of your favorite song. Almost the same, but different enough to be annoying.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
retheme = fail.

There are so many great pinball tables. If something isn't possible there are always many more recreations to be made rather than resorting to a retheme.

I totally agree sotie. Why waste time on something you have to re-theme? There are hundreds of great pinball tables that can be licenced fully and in short order. Rudy is also right. A lot of what makes us want certain machines is the personal connection to the theme, visuals, sounds, and other areas that make a great pinball game great.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah.. re-theme=BAD.

Awesome licensed tables.

The Addams Family
Jurassic Park
Tales form the Crypt
Guns N Roses.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah.. re-theme=BAD.

Awesome licensed tables.

The Addams Family
Jurassic Park
Tales form the Crypt
Guns N Roses.

Agreed. Want every single one you mention so bad. Guns And Roses is one I really want to see on TPA early in Season 3. I just can't wait to play it again.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts