Really Old Pinball Tables

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Being that TPA has a nice focus on preserving the history of pinball; I'd like to see a few really old machines, so that you can really see the evolution of the game of pinball.

I'd like to see a 1700 or 1800's basic bagatelle game, just after the plunger was implemented. Without flippers, it's not exactly pinball yet, but it would be nice to play to see how far pinball has come. PHOF had the 1932 Play-Boy, which I was hoping would make it to TPA.

I'd like to see a 1940's or so game that might have been popular for gambling, just before pinball became illegal.

I like to see Gottlieb's 1947 machine Humpty Dumpty; the first game to use electromechanical flippers.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
It would be nice to see one of them indeed.
But I think I would get really really really bored with those...
And as we will probably get one table a month from now on, it would be a bummer (for me) to get one of those...

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I wouldn't mind an old-fashioned pachinko game as well; sadly most of the stuff on iOS is more modern. So bring on Play Boy says I (though not standalone)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
we most likely will get ACES HIGH since FS is exhausting their previous builds, hell we got CENTRAL PARK and ACES HIGH is better than CP.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
I'd like to see FS do a "Firsts" table pack (or table pack series). Baffle Ball, Ballyhoo, Humpty Dumpty (flippers), Nine Sisters (ramp), Army Navy (multiplayer), Balls-a-Poppin (multiball), Hayburners II (longer flippers), Caveman (video combo), Chicago Cubs (alphanumeric display) and Checkpoint (dot-matrix), among others.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I'd like to see FS do a "Firsts" table pack (or table pack series).

I completely agree. I would love to see a lot of Firsts. Personally, I'm mainly a fan of the newer 1990's+ machines. But I'm also very intrigued on the history of pinball. I find myself playing the older TPA games about 20% of the time. I like the difference.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
I completely agree. I would love to see a lot of Firsts. Personally, I'm mainly a fan of the newer 1990's+ machines. But I'm also very intrigued on the history of pinball. I find myself playing the older TPA games about 20% of the time. I like the difference.

Same here. We shouldn't just have our favorite tables or the most popular tables ever, but also tables that made an impact on pinball.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
and how does that mediocre lineup =$ unfortunately that is the tool that guides FS's table choices. Agreed it "WOOD" be interesting :p

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
There really are some EM machines that deserve to be part of this lineup. In my opinion specifically would be Williams Triple Strike (I mean we did want more Williams tables right? Right?), Royal Flush and Strange World, which are all very unique.

As for SS tables, I think EBD would sell rather strongly, and I would love to see both High Speed games, while I think that HS2 will sell better, the original will put up good numbers. I'd like to see Bad Cats as well. And I'm hoping we might get a surprise like BBB.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
and how does that mediocre lineup =$ unfortunately that is the tool that guides FS's table choices. Agreed it "WOOD" be interesting :p
That's why they are called WOODrails ;).

The console players will not like it. Those tables don't require perfect ball physics.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
There really are some EM machines that deserve to be part of this lineup. In my opinion specifically would be Williams Triple Strike (I mean we did want more Williams tables right? Right?), Royal Flush and Strange World, which are all very unique.

As for SS tables, I think EBD would sell rather strongly, and I would love to see both High Speed games, while I think that HS2 will sell better, the original will put up good numbers. I'd like to see Bad Cats as well. And I'm hoping we might get a surprise like BBB.

Your lips to the ears of FS.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
My feelings as well. I really have no interest if there are no flippers.

I went down to what was fondly called "The Snack Bar" in my grandmother's hometown. They had the flipper-less pinball machines that caused the uproar about gambling. I played one. Once. Dullest machine ever. But, they had the best hotdogs I ever ate.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I've been thinking about this more lately. I know this long wishlist isn't realistic, but I would at least love a couple of the key tables. Here's a bunch of "firsts":

-(1700s) A Bagatelle game with plunger
-(1871) "1871 Redgrave Parlor Bagatelle" didn't invent, but patented the plunger, increasing the popularity of pin games
-(1892) "Coin Game Board" the first horizontal coin-op pin game
-(1931, June) "Whiffle Board" considered the game that sparked the birth of pinball due to its success
-(1931, November) "Baffle Ball" considered the game that put pinball into the mainstream due to its national widespread success
-(1932, January) "Ballyhoo" the first game by Bally, and was a big hit
-(1932, March) "Double Shuffle" the first machine to feature mechanical flippers, although it had no plunger
-(1932, June) "Official" the first known machine to be advertised as "Pin Ball"
-(1933, January) "Big Broadcast" the first score totalizer
-(1933, June) "Brokers Tip" a more modern TILT mechanism
-(1933, October) "Rocket" the first gambling pin game to feature an automatic winner payout
-(1933, November) "Contact" although not containing any one firsts, it was the first game to combine multiple features that are in use today; electricity, TILT, legs, sound effect, etc
-(1935, February) "Flash" the first to have the ability to win an extra play
-(1936, July) "Bolo" the first bumpers (they looked like bowling pins)
-(1936, December) "Bumper" the first to have bumpers resembling more like the ones we see today
-(1947, October) "Humpty Dumpty" the first electromechanical flippers
-(1948, January) "Triple Action" the first to have just two flippers at the bottom of the machine
-(1948, October) "Saratoga" the first pop bumpers
-(1950, October) "Spot Bowler" the first to move the two flippers closer to the position to what we're used to today
-(1962, October) "Vagabond" the first to offer drop targets that we're used to today
-(1975) "Spirit of '76" the first solid state game
etc

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts