Recent Kickstarter reward email

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Hi all,

Have started this thread to see how others may be faring regarding the recent ( 2 days ago ) email sent out from Farsight asking people who still were not able to collect their reward for donating to either both or one of the Kickstarters for TZ or ST:TNG.

I found that the email which was sent had an email address that then sent one to the Farsight site and then one was lost as to what to do next. The site seems non-functional and , at least on a Mac, clicking on any of the information on the Farsight site (including the email address ) first states that it may be a phishing site but still goes nowhere. However, I was able to respond via email to Farsight via the Kickstarter address, but I'm uncertain whether that is the proper place to try and communicate. I have yet to hear anything over the last 24 hours +.

Here is the email for the Star Trek Kickstarter and is the same for TZ:

Project Update #7: Star Trek
Posted by FarSight Studios
Hello everyone,
It seems in going through Kickstarter emails, that some of you have not been answered. Unfortunately, we have had server, email and some personnel issues for a few months; this is not an excuse, just maybe an answer as to why some of you have not received a reply. We've now addressed these problems and sincerely want to rectify any issues you have. Please email me at kickstarter@farsightstudios.com with any unresolved issues.
We'll do our best to take care of you as soon as possible. You've been more than patient!
Care to comment? View this update on Kickstarter →

---------------

As you can see above, a Farsight address is given, but this leads one nowhere helpful at all.
Looking forward to any help or suggestions as I know we have some staff from the company on hand here from time to time. Did I do the right thing by responding to you at your Kickstarter email address ?

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
What reward are you expecting?

The reason I ask is because I also received the two of the same emails (one each for ST and TZ). I'm waiting on the PC build as I chose that during the campaign. Since it hasn't been released yet I assumed the email to just be an Update and nothing else. I'm expecting that they will send me another email when the PC build's are ready to be downloaded.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

The reason I ask is because I also received the two of the same emails (one each for ST and TZ). I'm waiting on the PC build as I chose that during the campaign. Since it hasn't been released yet I assumed the email to just be an Update and nothing else. I'm expecting that they will send me another email when the PC build's are ready to be downloaded.

The PC Build for Kickstarters has been promised multiple times now and each and everytime it doesn't materialise. There is always a new excuse, the last one being they had server problems. My mum used to say to me never promise your children to take them to the seaside because if for some reason like the weather or whatever you can't go they will be bitterly disappointed. Well I am the child in the man and I am still waiting to go to the seaside :(

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Looks to me like the beta will never be launched and we'll just get the rewards when it eventually goes onto steam. I'm just assuming that they realise that they'd never be able to sort out DRM on beta software and once its out in the open they are at risk to breaching the terms of the licences if someone leaks it onto a torrent site or something.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012

Well, that's a fair question,sotie, and to be honest-at this point-I don't really know. My situation was to ask for IOS downloads, and when the TZ one came out first, I was uncertain just how to redeem it, and so I eventually just bought it from iTunes. Turns out later from reading other threads that I needed to set up a Farsight account in the app on my iPad in order to most efficiently do this. So I did in anticipation of the ST:TNG reward. However, when the time came, I was able to locate the reward this time but after numerous attempts, still could not download it to my device and again bought it from iTunes.

So, there may in fact be nothing that can be done for me in particular now, but as long as they continue to inquire and send these types of emails and have threads here about wanting to do something for the backers, I thought it can't hurt to respond. At this point, if possible, I would gladly accept a credit for a future release - or even a t-shirt or coffee mug if it comes down to that. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts