Redux?

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
If you don't do Pinball Arcade on 3ds, is there any way you can do a second emulation free PHoF with the tables from the Gottlieb and Williams collections, but at 60 FPS (PS2 and, I think, PSP did it)? Why didn't the Wiliams PHoF on 3ds have 60 FPS? I'm guessing a patch for 60 FPS is out of the question since the publisher went under?

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I do regret purchasing PHoF on the 3DS since it looks pretty bad and doesn't run well either. If they wanted to get the game running at 60 FPS you would probably be left with a gray ball in a box with maybe 1 flipper. The 3DS has been a total let down for me.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
The 3DS doesn't have nearly enough processing power to run anything at sixty frames.

bs.. mario kart 7 is 60fps with 3d turned off, 30 with it on (since the framerate is split for two images)

the 3ds is fine for its own architecture... the thing is running a ROM often takes quite a bit more power than was originally needed.. look at nes/snes rom emulators and what's required to run them compared to the nes/snes with a cartridge.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The 3DS doesn't have nearly enough processing power to run anything at sixty frames.

I call BS on that. There are a few games that run at 60 FPS on 3DS, especially when the 3D is off. Not to mention that the 3DS one has no ROM emulation. Maybe I'm mistaken, but PHoF Williams seems to run at 60 FPS on PS2.

If they wanted to get the game running at 60 FPS you would probably be left with a gray ball in a box with maybe 1 flipper.

This sounds off to me, especially considering the 3DS's specs. 3DS has games that run at 60 FPS with just as much detail, or more compared to Pinball Hall of Fame. Zen Pinball also runs at 30, but has much more detail and more going on compared to Pinball Arcade. I need to play PHoF 3DS for more impressions, but considering the specs, and how well the game runs on PS2, I think it is possible to get the game running without ROM emulation at 60 FPS.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online