Regarding the Interruption in Service [NP]

Regular readers of Lost in the Zone may have wondered what happened to the regularity of its writer, as there have been no updates for over a month. The Table Master Issues Lists have gone similarly neglected.

The reason for this is that I injured my spine - I have no idea how, there was no accident, strenuous activity, unaccustomed sudden movement or anything else that would cause this - in such a way that one of the discs in my spinal column is now pressing on my sciatic nerve, causing extreme pain and near-paralysis of my right leg. While I've been able to continue working through sheer force of will, by the time I get home each day I am exhausted and barely have enough energy to take care of the other necessities of life: making sure the bills get paid, keeping the house in a bare minimum of order, etc. Except on rare occasions, there is no energy left for pinball. My own two machines must think I've abandoned them by now, although I did manage a couple short games on AC/DC the other day.

The good news is that I've been told that about 80% of the time in people my age who are otherwise healthy, the disc will eventually fix itself. The not-so-good news is that this can take 8 to 12 weeks. I do feel somewhat better lately, and have somewhat better command and range of motion in my leg, so hopefully I'll be one of the 80%.

Assuming conditions continue to improve, I look forward to resuming regular blog posting and bug service soon.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Having injuries that you did nothing to warrant is like getting busted over something you didn't even do. You're like, "damn, I'm paying the price, I should have at least gotten to have fun earning it!" Hope you get better soon.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
DAMN SON! lay off the autofalatio for awhile :p all joking aside I hope your recovery is quick and painless, I have weird back pains that come out of nowhere and almost take my breath away along with my mobility ever since a head on crash (I wasnt driving) all I can do is stretch, hot bath and anti-inflamitories...beer helps too but dont do all at the same time. GET WELL SEAN WE NEED YOU! :D

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I can assure you, Skill Shot, that even before my injury I was not flexible enough to engage in autofellatio. :p

More generally, thanks for the well wishes everyone. It looks like my spine is going to take its sweet time about healing itself, but as long as the doc still says there's progress, there's nothing to be done but grin and bear it.

Will try for master issues list update this weekend...if I can pull myself away from FFXIV long enough. (If you played the original and hated it, give v2.0 another chance...MUCH better than the first one!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts