[Resolved] POTO Play Free Version crashes on some tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Version: 1.31.2_SM-N9005

I tried to play the free trial of Phantom of the Opera but it always crashes. Curious, I decided to test every table to see what happens.

The following tables crash from a fresh table download: (I have never installed them on my phone before)

Season 1:
Harley Davidson

Crash on first launch but work after table update:
Genie

Crash on first launch, downloads table update on relaunch but doesn't save update so crashes again:
Funhouse
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff

Season 2:
Class of 1812
Firepower
Haunted House
T2
Victory

Crash on first launch, downloads table update on relaunch but doesn't save update so crashes again:
Central Park
Pin-Bot

Season 3:
WHO Dunnit

Black Knight 2000
Diner
Fish Tales
High-Speed

Crash on first launch, crash TPA even if simply highlighted in the table menu afterwards:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Junk Yard
Lights... Camera... Action!

Season 4:
The Phantom of the Opera

I also noticed that if I use the Update All function it also tries to update the tables shown above as having an updated version. It downloads and says they have updated but clearly not as they continue to say they need updating and clicking Update All again will go through this process again.

Centaur also did something odd, said I reached the score limit when I hadn't even started a game. Launched the table again and it offered an updated table which then worked.

What I don't understand is why a fresh table download is not using the updated versions from the start. Really shouldn't be wasting people bandwidth like this as some people will be downloading over metered mobile data networks. (I would be if I weren't at home)

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Some of these aren't updates though, they are the first and only download.

Tried rebooting, doing update all, rebooting again, no difference.

Now uninstalled PA, rebooting, will install and try one of the broken tables.

Reinstalled, still crashes. Tried moving to phone storage, same result.

Last edited:

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Version: 1.31.2_SM-N9005

I tried to play the free trial of Phantom of the Opera but it always crashes. Curious, I decided to test every table to see what happens.

The following tables crash from a fresh table download: (I have never installed them on my phone before)

Season 1:
Harley Davidson

Genie

Funhouse
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff

Season 2:
Class of 1812
Firepower
Haunted House
T2
Victory

Central Park
Pin-Bot

Season 3:
WHO Dunnit

Black Knight 2000
Diner
Fish Tales
High-Speed

Crash on first launch, crash TPA even if simply highlighted in the table menu afterwards:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Junk Yard
Lights... Camera... Action!

Season 4:
The Phantom of the Opera

I also noticed that if I use the Update All function it also tries to update the tables shown above as having an updated version. It downloads and says they have updated but clearly not as they continue to say they need updating and clicking Update All again will go through this process again.

Centaur also did something odd, said I reached the score limit when I hadn't even started a game. Launched the table again and it offered an updated table which then worked.

What I don't understand is why a fresh table download is not using the updated versions from the start. Really shouldn't be wasting people bandwidth like this as some people will be downloading over metered mobile data networks. (I would be if I weren't at home)

Hey Alex,

Where exactly do you crash? During the download? At the beginning of the download? The end? During playing the table?

I'm trying to play these tables and am having no issues. Trying to replicate these crashes.

Thanks!

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Forgot all about posting this and now am on the Galaxy Note 4 where build 1.31.4 seems to be working fine.

From memory though on my Note 3 it was crashing the instant it tried to load the tables, or right after the download if they hadn't been downloaded before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts