Request Rework "Table Exploration" in Pro Mode + general Pro Mode thoughts

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Pro Mode Review

I'll start off by saying a few nice things about Pro Mode.

The free moving ball option was a nice surprise. Let's you screw around with the table like if you owned one and took the glass off, messing with everything and just cheating and having some fun kicks. +2.

Pro tips are actually pretty well done and ya, we can read these on the internet but actually showing you what to do, I thought this was a welcome touch. +1

Operator menu is something that should have been there day 1, but again we can set up our options to make the game tournament hard if we chose, or super easy with 5 balls, and even put some custom text and other fun stuff. +0 (should be free IMO).

Table exploration. This is somewhat of a let down. I want to be able to get like balls-eye view if that makes sense. Like when I imagined this mode in my head I wanted to travel up the ramps lol. Can't dock it too hard for not living up to my imagination. It's not bad and perhaps could be even better on console. +1

Price: at 3.99, I feel COMPLETELY ripped off. Most people just want the options menu. The other stuff is fun but it's 20 minutes of fun that you'll probably never revisit. How this justifies 3.99 which is more than most COMPLETE TABLES on the service is beyond me. Seriously what were they thinking? -2

Overall review: 3 out of 5 stars. For hardcore fans of the table only.

If Farsight changed the price to 1.99 I'd recommend this for all your favorite tables and give it 4/5 stars. If they charged .99 cents I'd say its must buy for all tables period 5 stars.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Mark, do you play with a locked camera? I had the issue with table exploration as well, but when I unlocked the camera in the regular game exploration mode let me see a whole lot more. Though I generally agree, the value proposition is not great.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Fixed.

One more thing. If you care about leader boards ( I don't on iOS) Scared Stiff wont register even if you keep settings factory. In other words you're stuck with family mode. And don't expect anything super raunchy. Even with fam mode off the table is still PG at best (worst?). But it's way too quiet in family mode, and the added dialog is charming and funny. So If you must have pro mode for one table I'd say this is the one to get it for, for this reason.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.