Rollergames

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Wish there was one to play locally.

And also, Sudden Death Millions seem to pop up randomly in a game. Don't you just love it when that happens? NOT.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Some of them can be set to a fixed score. On Elvira, for instance, you can set it to either a cumulative jackpot or a fixed 4 million. I can't speak for every single game, though, just ones that I've had experience with in real life.

EDIT:
I just realized what you meant by that, with the WILLIAMS letters. That's like the ELVIRA letters, which can also be adjusted. In that case, it's possible to make each player have their own set of letters that doesn't carry over.

I think Williams was just out to make games more competitive during those times than they were in the past, even if it wasn't as fair. There are ways to make it fair in some cases, though.

True. Almost everyone I know that owns System 11s make these adjustments- Williams probably implemented it originally so people could walk up to a game have a good run and nab a huge jackpot/high score making them want to keep playing. I love Taxi when the jackpot is set to its lowest, restarting each game with its lowest possible growth. Still, this can't be changed in TPA (unless there is a pro mode) so things like the Dude-o-meter, WILLIAMS letters etc. can be exploited.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I doubt people would care. It's more likely they'd be "de-branded" rather than ask fans to pay to include a drinks logo on an unknown machine.

The kickstarter for the TV license would probably be $19.95 plus $4.00 S&H

I've said it before, RG was that rare case where a crappy license still made for a great game.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
have any of you actually watched Rollergames? There are a few episodes on youtube. It's almost so bad it's good. So fake and scripted.

N

netizen

have any of you actually watched Rollergames? There are a few episodes on youtube. It's almost so bad it's good. So fake and scripted.

I used to watch Roller Games when it was on originally. Ahh, Gr 10 was full of mystery and magic, LOL

MAMEiac

Nov 21, 2013
Please oh please let this true piece of fine cheese make its way into the release schedule. As much as I love it I don't think I could ever justify owning the physical machine when there are more worthy ones out there. For the cost of having it digitally though? Would just sit back and enjoy the nostalgia. :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It's cheesy 80s awesomeness at it's finest .

But besides the license for the tv show . It has a lot of cheeky licenses in it. Thermos, Slice Soda Pop, Gamepro lol. Pretty sure those are all defunct brands, not sure how you'd even go about securing licenses like that. Kinda like early forms of in game advertisements than licenses...

There's a TV-show?? I was certain that both the concept, as well as all those brands that you mention, were fictional...

Eegah

May 12, 2013
One of the world's cruel ironies is that I started watching that 40-minute video with 30 minutes to get ready for work and I can't stop watching it

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I am glad this table is getting a lot of attention. It was among a few tables at my local swimming club. It was sitting along with Taxi, and Bad Cats. If we can get this and Bad Cats on the PA I would be very excited. The music on these tables are forever tattooed to my brain.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
There's a TV-show?? I was certain that both the concept, as well as all those brands that you mention, were fictional...
Yep! It was pretty popular and Steve Richie was a big fan of it. The show only got one season though, because two of the production companies went bankrupt.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
It was a surprisingly expensive show to produce. I mean it may have been sponsored by Pepsi but the whole thing was really fueled by coke.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts