Rollers of the Realm

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just saw some E3 coverage of this game. A strange hybrid between a pinball game and an RPG. Something along the lines of the character you choose affects the size and properties of the ball you play with. Seems to be a large linked pinball environment instead of a single table.

As a pinball game it looks pretty bland (you can tell when a pinball game is made by someone who doesn't know much about it), but the way it combines genres may make it interesting.

N

netizen

I played the demo/beta, but either my computer is lamesauce or the demo wasn't optimized very well. Either way it has some moments, but not enough to make me want to play it again, well ... maybe if I get it in a humble bundle.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Something about this game at gameinformer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/r...of-the-realm-adds-puzzles-to-its-pinball.aspx

A new trailer can be found there as well - or here on YouTube:

Somehow it reminds me of the way some Zen tables are done. Not from a technical point of view, but the way Zen is using different playfields and trying to tell a story.

Not sure if it in the end turns out to be a fun game or just not good at being both, an RPG and a pinball game. At the moment I think the latter.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Hm, epic quest from zen is an awesome fun and great to play table imo.
Rpg elements are very reduced, but they certainly add to the fun and replay value of the table.
This project seems to overdo a little in every aspect. Still interesting.
It will never be dark souls though :)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I was surprised this wasn't released on PS3 - just PS4 and vita - I would have probably picked this up as I tend to buy all things pinball...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just bought it on steam,quite like it .a lot of fun,really different.i think everyone will enjoy this !!! :cool:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Thank for the vid - as a ps3 owner - good to know there is a steam option...

Ok went to check out rollers of the realm on steam and it looks like the requirements are for windows only. Can some one please explain steam for me? I thought it was a game emulator that hosted and played games and that it really didn't matter what OS i was using as long as I had steam installed. Right now it's just looking like a game manager and store front for PC games.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I never would have found this game, were it not for this thread. I usually only search "pinball." So thanks for that!

Its well worth the 10 bucks. I haven't really enjoyed an rpg in years, mainly because I get bored of the game mechanics, but the pinball fits it perfectly. Epic quest is my all time fav Zen Pinball table, so I naturally found this a fun game.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, this game. Voted to greenlight it on Steam, but completely forgot bout them afterwards.

Thanks for heads up, Xanija. I'll buy that for a dollar.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.