Round 2: Q & A With Bobby King Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Nothing wrong or worrisome about the money they're brining in! Breaking even is a good place to be. All the employees are getting paid, startup costs are being recouped and as I had mentioned, this hasn't even rolled out on many platforms yet. Between DLC coming out on various platforms and the game itself on additional ones, I believe the potential for profit in the near term is very likely. Once profit is achieved, things like kickstarters will not be necessary (depending on what farsight chooses to do with the net profit) because they can roll some of that money forward. One of the advantages of being a small business, but only if you're successful.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Very cool!
I am happy to see a day/night option is in the cards. That's a great idea that I've been wanting to see for a while now.

I must have missed where you can ask questions for him.

I wanted to ask a few:

1. Are there plans on adding an option to listen to your own music from the "XMB" in the PS3 version

2. Have they have begun work on the online aspect of TPA (online tournaments, voice chat, etc..)

3. Is there any chance of adding the glass reflection effect back again? I think it added another level of realism.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Very cool!
I am happy to see a day/night option is in the cards. That's a great idea that I've been wanting to see for a while now.

I must have missed where you can ask questions for him.
I wanted to ask a few:

There is a topic for round 3 questions. One question limit per person and read through other questions as at least 2 of those have been suggested for round 3.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A long drawn out .....WHY? with puppy dog eyes. SAY NO MORE, he'll embrace you and shed a tear in his mind....Then slap you with a fist full of quarters and remind you all the pins are out there...we just give you 2 awsome pins for $5 thats 3plays if!! Slapaccepted sir,but whens the next dlc coming out WHAAAaaaaa!

F

Franky

A long drawn out .....WHY? with puppy dog eyes. SAY NO MORE, he'll embrace you and shed a tear in his mind....Then slap you with a fist full of quarters and remind you all the pins are out there...we just give you 2 awsome pins for $5 thats 3plays if!! Slapaccepted sir,but whens the next dlc coming out WHAAAaaaaa!

hi gail r schwartz how u doing? ;)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
hi gail r schwartz how u doing? ;)

I lolled.
rrDjd.gif

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I don't think so. My brother is a huge fan of Medieval Madness. He's also a cheapskate. When MM wasn't the table of the month anymore he wouldn't pay the 3 or 4 bucks Farsight charges for it on the Android platform. This is a good representation of a lot of the casual gamers on mobile platforms. Just look at all the whining in the itunes store when TPA was game of the week. There's a lot of "thrifty" people out there that would pay five bucks for some fancy latte but for a game for their phone, tablet etc? EVERYONE would NOT pay five dollars for a table.

When I originally was speaking about charging more for tables, I was only talking about on consoles .... tablet and phone gamers were not considered as they are generally cheaper consumers, but they should be charged more for premium tables just as console owners should. And think about this, anyone who contributed to a kickstarter will get the game as a gift, those who did not should pay more for it and get it as a separate download.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Since the upcharge in making the table was paid for by the kickstarter I don't understand why there would be an additional upcharge when they sell it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I believe FarSight is leaning toward selling these premium tables by themselves at the same price they currently charge for DLC Table Packs ($4.99 (USD) / 400 MSP).

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I believe FarSight is leaning toward selling these premium tables by themselves at the same price they currently charge for DLC Table Packs ($4.99 (USD) / 400 MSP).

If they use the extra revenue to pursue more expensive licenses, I have no problem with that. I'll gladly pay the extra $2.50. If they use it to pay themselves huge bonuses, or have a "business seminar" in Las Vegas, I'll still end up paying the extra $2.50, but I won't be happy about it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
You do get 2 tables for 5 bucks but on the mobile phone versions, the premium tables have been going for $4 anyway. Obviously the licensing is pretty expensive and has been covered up front. We haven't been told everything if they made a contribution above what the fans donated and these tables do have a higher price to acquire typically. I would hope that by charging a bit extra, they can take that extra revenue towards future premium license acquisitions. Plus it is a premium table and charging less would kind of just cheapen the table's status.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Whoa. I think it was pointless gravedigging a thread from July.

DaPinballWizard, I think you're mistaken from the original concept to the newer one going on right now. And no PC....yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.