Safecracker - play modes

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I have played safecracker a few times IRL and didn't get my head entirely wrapped around how time mode works (that's what TPA is for right). For the TPA version I am assuming it will default to the timed mode for normal game play. I have heard that you can switch the game play to a normal 3 ball un-timed mode. My question(s) are -

1) has anyone played safecracker in 3-ball untimed mode - and which mode is better?

2) will we be able to switch modes with the base purchase - or will we have to buy the pro version to access this feature - and is it worth it?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I don't remember much about SC, but fwiw, it has two web leaderboards: the regular one, and one for Assault on the Vault.

At least the current beta testers have played SC-AotV, if that is 3-ball untimed mode :). Is this what you get when you use one of the prize tokens to get a credit, instead of quarters?

I think my season pass is pro version, but it would be worth it to me to purchase the pro if it's needed to play AotV.

I suppose we'll be able to find out in about 45 hours.

P.S. I'm gonna try not to be too disappointed if Farsight didn't manage to put in all the peculiarities that are apparently in SC... but the one thing I really hope for is that they emulated the prize token rolling down the playfield glass when you win one...

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I know of no 3 ball untimed mode for safecracker.

the'res two modes i know of . normal, with sudden death when you run out of time, and assault on the vault where the game ends when the time it up.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Wildd one,
As usual it has nothing to do with Farsight, but everything with delays in the approval process at Apple App Store. Especially with a lot of apps pending because of updates to integrate Apple Watch features. This has been communicated a couple of times and is not under any control of Farsight. Why not join the Table of The Week Club in the mean time and spend time upping your Adam's Family score? http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...eek-25-THE-ADDAMS-FAMILY?highlight=Table+Week
I for one am trying to up all my scores on table with HOF point roll-over problems so when the "restore HOF points"-button is fixed with the next TPA release, I jump a couple of hundred points in my total HOF (Whitewater, Tee'd Off, Theatre of Magic, Diner, Class of 1812, Whirlwind, to name a few tables affected by this).

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
David who is on TPA FB page asked Apple the other day about the app. he says they told him they might wait till this Thursday and then release with some other apps.
That sounds like to me they are holding a ready app. that should have been released.
Who is David, does he work at Apple or FarSight?

Oh well maybe this weekend it will finally get released I see that the more popular the particular table release is the higher chances for Apple delays. Watch when HS2 drops I bet it gets delayed even by a week as well.
Watch when HS2 gets delayed I bet you're going to write a similar post on this forum.

I feel someone regularly handles Farsights account and they know folks want the latest table so they have the power to hold an approved app. till they feel like releasing it. Just spit balling that's what I feel may be going on.
Yes, that's it. Someone at Apple reads this forum and delays the game just to upset you.

I seriously don't believe right now that "Safe Cracker" has not been approved I think they will release it when they feel like it. If this is true it's so not cool of Apple. I have been excited to play the digital version since I knew it was going to be in our collection I watched Twitćh Stream was Siked for last weekend and was sadly disapointed.
Who says the new version was approved? Maybe Apple found out about Champion Pub crashing the game.

One last thing: Do you feel if you knew for sure the app. had passed it process and they were just releasing when they felt like it would you not feel ill toward Apple?
If you feel so ill towards a company, then why not stop using their products?

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
There is no way I have found (with a decent bit of searching) to, with the 1.8 rom that the game is running, change the game from timed mode to 3 ball (or similar). Adjustment A1-01, which will usually be Balls Per game with any other Williams WPC table, is missing, and I have found no way to bring it up.

Assault on the Vault is available with non-pro versions, but with either Pro or regular pack, you must first get a Magic Token from the timed mode. AotV is a 90 sec timed, 4-ball mutliball, frenzy mode with a constant ball saver.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
There is no way I have found (with a decent bit of searching) to, with the 1.8 rom that the game is running, change the game from timed mode to 3 ball (or similar). Adjustment A1-01, which will usually be Balls Per game with any other Williams WPC table, is missing, and I have found no way to bring it up.

Assault on the Vault is available with non-pro versions, but with either Pro or regular pack, you must first get a Magic Token from the timed mode. AotV is a 90 sec timed, 4-ball mutliball, frenzy mode with a constant ball saver.

Thank you for looking into this! Best answer - mods can now close this thread!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts