Safecracker Tokens?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wow, really? The board game is awesome and I've already earned (and spent) two tokens during two play sessions. Assault on the Vault is a neat multiball mayhem mode but I imagine it could get old if they didn't make it a special reward.

May I ask what you don't like about this game? Wizard goals? board game mechanic? Tokens?:confused:

Based on the quality of that guy's posts (not StarDust4Ever's posts just to clarify), and the consistent theme of them, I think he hates everything about TPA and pinball.

I would ignore.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Considering how TPA tables reset everytime you leave, the odds are probably 2/400 everytime you relaunch the table.
They are tracking state somehow. ROM state must be reset after each play, but the token collection module is separate to the ROM state.

How would tokens earned carry over session to session otherwise?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
They are tracking state somehow. ROM state must be reset after each play, but the token collection module is separate to the ROM state.

How would tokens earned carry over session to session otherwise?

Technically IRL, ROM state has nothing to do with the tokens remaining in the holding area and the CPU has no control over the order that they are dispensed. I am curious if TPA keeps inventory of the remaining tokens inside the tray. One way to determine this is to manually take inventory of every token received for 200 or 400 token dispense events, without spending a single token, and count the exact numbers of each token received and compare that to the contents of an official restock. If properly emulated, the token count after 200 or 400 tokens should match the official set. This would be the equivalent of counting cards on a game of video poker.

Additionally, the tray will become empty after either 200 or 400 dispenses barring a restock, and the game will fail to dispense tokens (because there will be none left) until you actually spend some of your hoard. Meaning if the operator put in exactly 200 or 400 tokens in, you should get the exact same 200 or 400 tokens out. Otherwise you are playing the lottery trying to win them all... :cool::mad::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I have a for serious question. How many of you activate 'token Multiball' ? How often? And my last question is, what is your

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
On total I've collect 139 token, but used 2 of them for the Spec. Multiball. So at the end after 139 token I've the full collection (incl. the 2 which I've used )

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I haven't heard this mentioned yet (if so, sorry...I couldn't find it) but the Magic Credits and those in your actual Magic Token Collection (26 tokens) are not being synced between different devices, despite them all being on the same Farsight/TPA account. I play on my iPad mini 2 mostly and all scores, Hall of Fame scores, Wizard Goals etc are happily synced to my FS account & to my iPad Air 2 & iPhone 5s (all on the same FS account). The Magic Credits & Magic Token Collection are device specific as far as I can tell.

If the Magic Credits & Token Collections are not being synced between devices on the same FS account, how it this going to affect the Wizard Goals on Safe Cracker since one of the Wizard Goals is based on collecting all 26 Magic Tokens? Everything else is being synced.

Or maybe this is an iOS issue?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
If the Magic Credits & Token Collections are not being synced between devices on the same FS account, how it this going to affect the Wizard Goals on Safe Cracker since one of the Wizard Goals is based on collecting all 26 Magic Tokens? Everything else is being synced.

You just blew my mind.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You just blew my mind.

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Members online

Members online