Scared Stiff - music often stops completely on the PS4

funchords

May 13, 2017
I checked the Scared Stuff board and see no mention of it. During play, the background music just quits. It restarts again when some mode-change happens (leaper mania, locked ball, drained ball).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Also happens with Twilight Zone's Greed Mode and a mode in Whirlwind, but nobody seems to care.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Let's hope Tom Devaney cares enough to work on the issues. At this point, it seems as if he does actually care about us PS4 guys. But believe me, I know it's easy to be skeptical, what with all the previous bugs and constant waiting for updates prior to him coming aboard. Let's see how long it takes for the next update to drop, and what issues actually get fixed before we go back to saying nobody cares.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
By "nobody cares," I am not referring to the guys at Farsight. I have mentioned this on a few topics because it is my biggest pet peeve with the ps4 version, but no one else seems to step in and say "yeah, I hate this too." So if I worked at Farsight and I saw only one person complains by about it, yeah, I would put it at low priority too.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Hopefully we'll seen PiN WiZ stickied Bugs Master List revamped soonish, so Tom gets a current list and can prioritize the fixes and we can submit bug reports there.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
By "nobody cares," I am not referring to the guys at Farsight. I have mentioned this on a few topics because it is my biggest pet peeve with the ps4 version, but no one else seems to step in and say "yeah, I hate this too." So if I worked at Farsight and I saw only one person complains by about it, yeah, I would put it at low priority too.

PC used to have these and I too have had to push for fixes on them. Scared Stiff is fixed, but Whirlwind is not (yet).

Our Greed music is not even Greed. Why are we Battling the Power while outside the Powerfield?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012

Cause ps4 version is pretty much dead in the water due to farsights apathy towards it before Tom showed up. Most people jumped ship to PC or stopped playing entirely.

funchords

May 13, 2017
Video link of the sound stopping in Scared Stiff PS4 https://youtu.be/Q1HsL_OXkmo?t=49s

I think it may also have to do with playing multiple games in the same session. I don't have these facts locked down but my inkling is that the first game is fine, maybe the second one also, but then the background music sometimes cuts out or fails to transition (stops) on some game state/mode change.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Video link of the sound stopping in Scared Stiff PS4 https://youtu.be/Q1HsL_OXkmo?t=49s

I think it may also have to do with playing multiple games in the same session. I don't have these facts locked down but my inkling is that the first game is fine, maybe the second one also, but then the background music sometimes cuts out or fails to transition (stops) on some game state/mode change.

This song in particular was missing when the DX11 versions initially launched. This is fixed in PC, state of consoles is unknown.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.