Scared Stiff standalone app

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Interesting to see how this will bring attention to the game. Hopefully they get additional revenue and customers to crossover to buying additional tables on the main app.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I downloaded it. On Android there seems to be hard-coded graphics settings that exclude the return lane guides, plus UI discrepancies.

I do find the 2 minute game time feature interesting. Someone has managed a 17M score already on the leaderboards.

So I'd imagine the strategy there is to get to crate multiball or Stiff multiball and keep slamming those ramps.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Interesting to see how this will bring attention to the game. Hopefully they get additional revenue and customers to crossover to buying additional tables on the main app.
I've written my review. It's a missed opportunity not to have fixed the underlying table bugs in this standalone app.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It's an interesting choice for a standalone app.

There's probably more to that choice than meets the eye, of course. I mean, why not make it a KS table like T2 or TZ or STTNG? I can understand not using TAF, since it's only just been released. Sure you need a license to go for brand recognition, but Elvira is hardly that any longer.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I do find the 2 minute game time feature interesting. Someone has managed a 17M score already on the leaderboards.

So I'd imagine the strategy there is to get to crate multiball or Stiff multiball and keep slamming those ramps.

Here's what I did to get a high score.

• Start Terror from the Crate Multiball
  • Shoot 2 balls in the Crate
  • A known bug causes the Crate to keep registering Jackpots
  • Wait until the timer runs out

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...t-Terror-from-the-Crate-quot-for-100-jackpots

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Here's what I did to get a high score.

• Start Terror from the Crate Multiball
  • Shoot 2 balls in the Crate
  • A known bug causes the Crate to keep registering Jackpots
  • Wait until the timer runs out

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...t-Terror-from-the-Crate-quot-for-100-jackpots
Geez. I reported that during the Scared Stiff beta...

Update: Looking back through my emails, it was Oct 31, 2012 to support@, after taking to Mike Reitmeyer in IRC about it.

It was really, really, bad when the first few table builds were put up, and Ryan Routon did some fixes to make it less pronounced. I think it was due to the crate sensor detecting the two balls knocking together and the digital sensor spot overlapping where the two balls sat in the trough.

I've had trouble reproducing this issue in this build, but my timing must be off. I must have to shoot the balls into the crate simultaneously instead of one after the other.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
There's probably more to that choice than meets the eye, of course. I mean, why not make it a KS table like T2 or TZ or STTNG? I can understand not using TAF, since it's only just been released. Sure you need a license to go for brand recognition, but Elvira is hardly that any longer.

My thoughts exactly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.