Scores not saving to leaderboards

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
I play on ipad, and as of a month or two ago, any time i finish a game, I enter my initials and it saves my high score to the table. However, right after this, the game will ask if i want to post myscores to facebook, and no matter what i choose (always no, but i tried yes), the app then closes, and when i open it again, my scores are not saved to the leaderboards.

I contacted farsight several weeks ago about it, with no response. Anyone having similar issues? I believe the scores even fail to post when the app doesnt crash, but it usually does close.

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
Have you tried logging out of gamecenter and the farsight leaderboards and back in?

Yes, have tried farsight account before, and now i just tried logging out and back in to gamecenter and same thing happened. This time, it crashed on the screen where it lists the 5 high scores on the table and shows me my new hall of fame score for that table.

I love TPA, but this is frustrating! On Star Trek, I have a score of over 10 billion, and the leaderboards have me at under 1 billion. I also came in 55th in the tourny and never received my free pinballs, the game still wants me to purchase them. I am so greatful for all these awesome tables, but have to admit the scoreboard thing is driving me slightly mad inside :)

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
I can confirm now that the app crashes on the same screen every time...after i enter my initials and it lists the top 5 scores...app closes and score never gets sent to farsight leaderboards.

I am on a first gen ipad, which is unable to receive the latest ios update. Anyone else on a first gen ipad either having the same problem, or not having it for that matter?

YellowDog24

Aug 26, 2012
I can confirm now that the app crashes on the same screen every time...after i enter my initials and it lists the top 5 scores...app closes and score never gets sent to farsight leaderboards.

I am on a first gen ipad, which is unable to receive the latest ios update. Anyone else on a first gen ipad either having the same problem, or not having it for that matter?

I play on second generation iPad (I think).

Having the same problem with scores not saving to leader board. After finishing a game a message "updating" appears whether I get a good score or not. Dispute this my Hall Of Fame points appear to be granted.

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
You said you tried logging out of Gamecenter, but did you log out of the Farsight account too?

Yes i have done both. Logged out and back in to farsight account, same with gamecenter. Also tried to play a game while logged out of gamecenter. The app just crashes at the same spot every time, when i click "continue" on the screen where it lists the top 5 scores on the table. This happens every single game now, so my scores save to the table, but never get uploaded to the leaderboards.

Btw, awesome avatar...nobody better than Jimi. I could talk about him forever but that is probably for another forum.

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
Forgot to mention, it DOES save my hall of fame score when i set a new personal best.

RP1980

Jun 13, 2012
I solved the issue by just deleting the app and reinstalling. I probably should have tried this long ago.

YellowDog24

Aug 26, 2012
I solved the issue by just deleting the app and reinstalling. I probably should have tried this long ago.

Decided to follow your lead.

Now my Hall of fame is showing as zero in game, but original score on FarSight leader boards.

Just got my best score on Theatre of Magic, but again it has not been recorded on FarSight leader boards despite it being shown on Ingame board. Really confused at this point.

All in game scores and goals achieved have disappeared, which does not bother me, but I just want my high scores recorded on FarSight leader boards.

Game centre scores do not bother me either.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Decided to follow your lead.

Now my Hall of fame is showing as zero in game, but original score on FarSight leader boards.

Just got my best score on Theatre of Magic, but again it has not been recorded on FarSight leader boards despite it being shown on Ingame board. Really confused at this point.

All in game scores and goals achieved have disappeared, which does not bother me, but I just want my high scores recorded on FarSight leader boards.

Game centre scores do not bother me either.

If you "Back up save data" via the "Options" menu you will be able to restore all table high scores and Hall of Fame points.

YellowDog24

Aug 26, 2012
If you "Back up save data" via the "Options" menu you will be able to restore all table high scores and Hall of Fame points.

Thanks for that Sotie.

Is there any more info on this option (back up/restore) anywhere. I am still confused. What's the difference between remote and local?

After doing as you advised my table and hall of fame scores appear to be correct, but my table scores are not reflected on al time scores, if you follow me.

Ok, I have spent some time investigating this.

My user name is Yellow Dog
My real name is Kieran Henry

When I go to leader boards my Yelow Dog scores are shown. For example my highest score for TOM is shown as 2,402,016,400.
But I beat this score twice since getting a high score of 4,072,235,760. I looked at "weekly score" and this score is recorded to Kieran Henry!
I also appear to have two hall of fame scores:
Yellow Dog 6,546, but when I log on my hall of fame score reads 4,597.
Yet when I scroll down to score of 4,597 my name is not there.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.