PC - Bug Screen is screched when using DX11

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
This issue has been around for me since the first public Dx11 beta. When I launch the game in dx11 mode, I have to black lines at the top and the bottom of my screen, like when using a wrong resolution or aspect ratio.
http://i.imgur.com/VuExr5O.jpg
From the screenshot, I've noticed that the jpg file is 1600x1200, but none of my settings are pointing to that value. I'm trying to run it at 1920x1080.
If I run the game in dx9 mode, it works fine.
http://i.imgur.com/bQWSYu3.jpg
My pinball arcade settings:
http://i.imgur.com/f0KJjKA.png
Hardware specs: HD 5770 GPU
6GB RAM
Core 2 Quad q8400 @2.66 Ghz
My desktop resolution is 1920x1080
I'm using the latest beta AMD driver, but it's the same with the latest stable one.
Any ideas on how could I solve this?
Thanks.
Edit: "Stretched" is the word I was looking for in the title.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I've been talking about this in a couple of posts & threads.
Unfortunately, Mike, one of the developers, told us, that he can't reproduce this issue on his office PC.
However, I fixed it on my PC. Click here

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
I'd settle with a fix like that as well, however I don't see any My Digital Flat-Panels option in my ccc. This is how it looks like for me:
http://i.imgur.com/2O2kkx3.png
Also, I might be wrong, but doesn't GPU up-scaling comes with quite a performance hit? I'm afraid my old 5770 might not be able to handle that.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Um... do you have a VGA (!?) connection?

I think GPU Up scaling doesn't do anything when your native resolution is 1920x1080 and your
game is set to 1920x1080.

Last edited:

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Probably yes. Is that bad? I've heard that it's older, but I can run recent games without issues at 1920x1080, so I didn't bother looking up the advantages of dvi. My graphics cards and my monitor supports dvi, I just don't own a dvi cable.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Oh please get DVI. VGA is old, analog and was superseded by DVI in 1999.
VGA is still in use in some areas but when we're talking about your computer, which is digital and your
digital screen .. don't connect them with an analog cable.

You're doing a digital to analog and an analog to digital conversion for no reason.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Have you tried pressing "alt"+"enter" keys on keyboard when the game has started? Hold "alt" then press enter, you might have to do it twice or something to get the fullscreen window.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
I've tried already, it toggles between windowed and fullscreen. Windowed seems to be in the correct resolution, but the borders of the window, and the task bar is visible. I can hide the task bar, but that small little blue edge is still there. Pressing alt enter again sets it to fullscreen again at 1600x1200 (which I never use). However repeating this multiple times, it ends up in 1920x1080 fullscreen. Sometimes 2 cycle is enough, and sometimes it's still 1600x1200 after multiple fullscreen - windowed toggle.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I have 2 monitors, both 1920x1080 60Hz, connected to my GTX770 video card through DVI-I and a DVI-D ports. Not sure which monitor is using which connection type (not at home now to check), but I am always having to use ALT+Enter twice to get the screen resolution to go from full screen 1600x1200 to windowed 1600x1200 and than finally to 1920x1080 full screen.

I have the latest video drivers that I always install clean. Also tried different configurations with regards to how the aspect ratio was handled by the video card and by the monitor.

I'm not having similar problems with other games, just TPA.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Another user reported the same bug by using a Display Port connection.

On my PC, AMD HD7950 GPU (1920x1080):

HDMI -> no problem

DVI-I -> doesn't work properly (default resolution always 1600x1200)

DVI-D -> no problem when GPU UP-Scaling is activated

But keep in mind, this is entirely Farsights fault.

(and you should always use a digital connection if you can.
So please Luxeder, buy a DVI-D cable :))

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the info. I feel a lot better about it now that it seems that my drivers and setup is not causing the problems.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Alright, I bought a dvi cable, the problem remains. Using gpu up-scaling does solve the issue, thanks for the tip on that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts