season 1-7 bundle deal would be really nice right now

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I am on the fence about grabbing a ps4 pro and buying all the tables yet again on a new platform. I think Ive already invested 500+ dollars on all the other damn platforms lol. I think many of us are scrambling right now about weather we need this on more platforms, which platforms, and a complete set bundle deal could really sway us into buying into new platforms we would not have otherwise. the largest base of fans would already have most of the seasons on their platform of choice so this entire package deal would really only push people to grab the set on new platforms... so yeah a full set deal would only help make farsight more money.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Bummer :( Really on the fence about the buying of a ps4 and a complete set. The one thing that could sway me right now is if they promise to add a enhanced resolution option for ps4 pro (like many other games have). The only real appeal for me getting a ps4 is that i dont have to move my computer from my desk over to my 4k tv in the living room constantly. but it would mean giving up those beautiful clean edges on everything i get with my pc. the low rez art doesnt really matter so much they don't need to change that if they can't but those clean perfect edges on things like metal ramps is sooo good in 4k on pc.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
The only real appeal for me getting a ps4 is that i dont have to move my computer from my desk over to my 4k tv in the living room constantly. but it would mean giving up those beautiful clean edges on everything i get with my pc.
Have you looked into getting SteamLink? It broadcasts your games from the PC to your TV via your home network.

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Have you looked into getting SteamLink? It broadcasts your games from the PC to your TV via your home network.

i have a steamlink -it works great with my 980ti and modern ish CPU's except for games that rely on exceptionally fast reaction. It worked well on action games but fighters and pinball was where i felt the lag the most

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Do not buy for any other reason than how the game looks now!!

There are no guarantees that FarSight will do anything else with the visuals of the game and you don't want to buy purely for hopes and dreams. Also keep in mind that the PS4 according to Sony is nearing the end of its lifecycle, and TPA will not transfer any WMS title to future version of Playstation, same as they weren't allowed to bring it over to the Switch. Buying for any other reason than for how the game sits today is the only way you will never feel burned by the product.

And yeah, Bobby King stated that Williams categorically said no to putting the tables on sale prior to June 30th.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Perhaps. I agree with some others that speculate about this, the PS4 might get a "Super Slim" version and be sold in certain geographical areas while the PS4 Pro (maybe also a new hardware iteration) will be that "standard" PS4 sold in NA, EU, OZ and JP, and we won't see the PS5 until Christmas 2019 with bigger stock in 2020. That means you'll still get a couple of years out of it, and if you buy a backup PS4 (or two), you can be playing for many more years.

Sony would be doing themselves (and us) a favour by making the PS5 compatible with PS4 games, which would extend the value of your investment even more. If the PS5 is going to be similar hardware-wise (eg use a customized 7nm AMD Zen-2 APU with GCN 6th Generation a/k/a Navi graphics cores, both scheduled for 2019) there should be no problem doing that.

NOTE: I'm assuming that Leaderboards will remain up for the Williams/Bally titles, but we probably won't see them in Tournaments anymore (since everyone should have the chance to play every table in it).

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Using Steam in-home streaming on my laptop I have been surprised that I never really felt any latency playing TBA. I wonder if it has less latency than Steam-link or I'm just less sensitive to it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.