Season 1 or season 5 / Ghostbusters TPA to SPA

Oct 15, 2013
So Season 5 is on sale but I could also get Season 1 for half off since I have it on PS3. Can't decide which season to get. I would wait for the PS4 updates on the 9th but the sale for Season 5 ends on the 3rd. How much better are the Season 1 tables on the PS4 versus the PS3? Are the Season 5 tables better quality from Farsight's end? I have Seasons 1-3 on PS3 already so Season 5 would have tables I don't have but some of them seem pretty meh. I'm also interested in the Glo-Balls for the PS4 version since it has dynamic lighting. Does anybody have Glo-Balls on the PS3 version? I imagine they don't look like much since the lighting is static.

On to Ghostbusters. I do have the first bundle of SPA on PS4 with AC/DC and Star Trek. Not crazy about the quality of the SPA game in general nor the fact that AC/DC still doesn't show a status update when holding up the flippers. It also has a rolling ball sound glitch every other game. So is Ghostbusters just as buggy? With the Season 7 version coming to PS4 soon is that going to be a better version and if I buy that will it also unlock in SPA? I don't think it works SPA to TPA because the TPA tables I got from the SPA bundle didn't unlock in TPA.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Well I just discovered or rediscovered that the PS4 version has free trials of the tables. Wow, Season 5 seems to be a stinker to me. The only table I found decent was Judge Dredd. I'll pass on Season 5. Another thing I noticed is that while the lighting on the PS4 version is more dynamic, overall the PS3 version is cleaner looking. I can see what's on the table better on the PS3 version and the ball looks better as well. Hopefully the upcoming updates really overhaul the PS4 version.

Still interested in Ghostbusters. Guess I can't try it for free until it's on the PS4 version of TPA though. Any thoughts on the SPA version of it on the PS4? Also are the alternate versions on there just skins? The alternate versions of AC/DC and Star Trek still aren't working for me, says content unavailable. I read that it's a glitch for people who bought the bundle.

Oct 15, 2013
I bought the Season 7 pass that includes Ghostbusters but it still says purchase in Stern Pinball Arcade. So is there no cross buy on the PS4? Just looking for confirmation. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.