Season 2 PS4 Bundle

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Does /will the ps4 offer a season pass (40% discount) in the US for seasons 1,2,3, and 4. Or is this a special limited time deal. It looks like I will be getting a ps4 soon. I just need to know if I need to purchase the season packs now, or if I can wait.

Thanks!

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
Does /will the ps4 offer a season pass (40% discount) in the US for seasons 1,2,3, and 4. Or is this a special limited time deal. It looks like I will be getting a ps4 soon. I just need to know if I need to purchase the season packs now, or if I can wait.

Thanks!

There is no "40% discount" as such, its 40% cheaper than buying all the tables individually. Its the same standard price for the season packs that it always has been.

In theory you can get season 1 discounted if you already bought it on ps3/vita, but that's in theory - the reality is a very different beast.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's even worse. Yesterday, I've purchased all the season 2 tables for PS4 and it turns out that none of them work. After contacting Farsight they said that the season 2 tables are configured wrong on PSN, that I should ask Sony for a refund and silently implied to bugger off. They don't seem to see this as their problem and have no intention to remove the faulty content or to give a message on their Facebook.

I've now asked Sony for a refund and filed a complaint. I don't get the impression that my 50€ of content is ever going to work. There must be a lot people who fell into this trap.

A sneak peak of what awaits U.S. PS4 owners who want to get TPA updated after more than a year.
Maybe they'll promise a bug-fix sometime late in 2015 for their 12 days of Christmas-and fail to deliver....again!

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
It's even worse. Yesterday, I've purchased all the season 2 tables for PS4 and it turns out that none of them work. After contacting Farsight they said that the season 2 tables are configured wrong on PSN, that I should ask Sony for a refund and silently implied to bugger off. They don't seem to see this as their problem and have no intention to remove the faulty content or to give a message on their Facebook.

I've now asked Sony for a refund and filed a complaint. I don't get the impression that my 50€ of content is ever going to work. There must be a lot people who fell into this trap.

Good luck with that, when I had problems with my ps3/vita purchases not registering it took Sony around 3 months to sort it out (basically they just refunded tables and repurchased them back again on my behalf - 3 months!?!?). During that time I couldn't access the content, and Sony kept phoning me for details (about 4 or 5 times) so I had to try to explain it to them every single time from scratch.

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012

OK so Season 2 doesn't work at all on PS4 then
Season 4 Pro Season pack doesn't work properly on PS4... No Pro content (i know cause i was stupid enough to buy it )..
Just look what you lot in the US have to look forward to :)

Calcifer

Jul 21, 2013
Good luck with that, when I had problems with my ps3/vita purchases not registering it took Sony around 3 months to sort it out (basically they just refunded tables and repurchased them back again on my behalf - 3 months!?!?). During that time I couldn't access the content, and Sony kept phoning me for details (about 4 or 5 times) so I had to try to explain it to them every single time from scratch.

Yeah, I've heard some mixed results. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes the process was hell. I anticipated a bit for this by using a form Sony has on their website for these situations. I was already picturing myself spelling out the names of each DLC over the phone :)

Anyway, I got response from Sony already. They seem upset about this and wanted some further information which I provided. Will see how it goes. At least there's the hope that the files get reconfigured somehow next year. PSN does state that I own the tables.

For you in the US: better buy 1 table a time to see how it goes :)

smudge22

Dec 12, 2014
Hi there.

If it helps, I'll say what happened to me.

I'm in the UK. My PS4 would not locate the update that allows us to play the season 2, other Season 3 tables and season 4.

So what I had to do was download the game again from PSN Store and the required update downloads with it. It would not let me just install the update so I ended up with two pinball arcades on the system. The second crashed so then I deleted the first pinball arcade (which was a disk version) and the second one works fine.

You need to have that update as it gives you the menu with the season 4 (one table, POTO) and previous seasons. Without it any purchased tables from the Store will not work. They did work on updated version.

Also, when the bundle unsurprisingly did not appear on the 17th, I just bought Season 2 anyway and paid through the nose. Sick of waiting basically. They do work though - I just had to download the game again - purchased tables were there in the new version.

Hope this helps someone.

Calcifer

Jul 21, 2013
Well Smudge, you're clearly sent from heaven. I managed to get season 2 working too! It had to download everything 4 times though, so I don't know what exactly triggered the jackpot. On the last attempt I enabled automatic downloads in the PS4 settings, downloaded PA and the update again and once done the season 2 appeared in the My Tables section! There must be bug somewhere in PA in how it downloads tables as it seems very random to me,

Tables look great. Centaur, T2, Cueball, you won't recognize them again!

Thanks, smudge

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Hi there.

If it helps, I'll say what happened to me.

I'm in the UK. My PS4 would not locate the update that allows us to play the season 2, other Season 3 tables and season 4.

So what I had to do was download the game again from PSN Store and the required update downloads with it. It would not let me just install the update so I ended up with two pinball arcades on the system. The second crashed so then I deleted the first pinball arcade (which was a disk version) and the second one works fine.

You need to have that update as it gives you the menu with the season 4 (one table, POTO) and previous seasons. Without it any purchased tables from the Store will not work. They did work on updated version.

Also, when the bundle unsurprisingly did not appear on the 17th, I just bought Season 2 anyway and paid through the nose. Sick of waiting basically. They do work though - I just had to download the game again - purchased tables were there in the new version.

Hope this helps someone.
SMUDGE22 same thing here mate ended up paying through the nose for season 2.so there is a few of us BOOFHEADS !!!! :eek:

iris

Dec 13, 2014
how are you guys accessing this content anyways since farsight says its not being released until next wednesday...?

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
how are you guys accessing this content anyways since farsight says its not being released until next wednesday...?

I'm also wondering this as the season 2 and 3 tables don't show for me on PS4 as full seasons, I can see the season 2 tables as paired tables as they were sold individually but when I click on them its says content unavailable so I couldn't buy them anyway.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wonder if these EU Season 2 weirdnesses have something to do with this note in the latest newsletter under the "Sony PS4 Europe" heading: "Because of contractual obligations, the Season Two Pass will become available with the disc version early 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone."

Kinda sounds like they sold out the hard core fans again to get a publishing contract (first time being delaying release of season 2 at all until it was on Xbone). Not really an encouraging trend! Not a fan of whoever at FarSight is making these deals--but whoever it is obviously doesn't care about what we think. : P

ZOGSLAYER

Jun 18, 2014
Got the non-pro season 4 pass and the web store wanted me to pay again and in-game I got the [No content] crap.

Looked at the store via PS4 last night and the pro version of PotO was free. Not sure if it's free for everyone, or they just screwed the season pass up.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
Got the non-pro season 4 pass and the web store wanted me to pay again and in-game I got the [No content] crap.

Looked at the store via PS4 last night and the pro version of PotO was free. Not sure if it's free for everyone, or they just screwed the season pass up.

Same happened to me which is a bonus ��

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
Same happened to me which is a bonus ��

They are round the wrong way Pro is giving the normal tables and The Normal Pack is giving Pro Tables .. great for you guys .. not so good for the likes of me who has paid £32.99 for a non pro pack at present ..

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
I wonder if these EU Season 2 weirdnesses have something to do with this note in the latest newsletter under the "Sony PS4 Europe" heading: "Because of contractual obligations, the Season Two Pass will become available with the disc version early 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone."

Kinda sounds like they sold out the hard core fans again to get a publishing contract (first time being delaying release of season 2 at all until it was on Xbone). Not really an encouraging trend! Not a fan of whoever at FarSight is making these deals--but whoever it is obviously doesn't care about what we think. : P

Thanks for that, looks like you've found the reason for all this BS. Not very good, considering SCEE told Farsight who then informed us that S2 would be released last week. Obviously they hadn't informed their own blog staff either who incorrectly posted the release on the store update.

wolfson

May 24, 2013

smbhax now that makes bloody sence of what seems to be one big bloody mess !!!!:eek:

wolfson

May 24, 2013

same here !!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.