Season 3: Who Dunnit, Junk Yard and BK2K confirmed!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why mr. Scott Shelton who spending his working time in writing instructions and making/testing table goals did not mentioned that you can not catch ball to left flipper from plunger (instead ball bounce from flipper sooo high what very often go to left outlane) to make Fast Cast skill shot which he wrote in list of standard table goals?
While I'm not claiming the Fish Tales on location here is representative of all Fish Tales machines, it will not let you catch the ball for the Fast Cast either. You have to make it as a reflex shot. Depending on machine particulars, it ranges from very difficult to impossible.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
WHO dunnit
Really looking forward to this one. I haven't played it a ton in real life but I really liked it. Slot machine, roulette, more than one multiball mode, great music and animations. A lot to like on this one. I've heard complaints about it being a little too stop and go, and that the scoring is unbalanced. But I can't let that bother me, I've got a murder to solve. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
"The Mamushka" in Junkyard is a slightly-altered cover; it is not the actual song nor is the voicework that of Raul Julia. Williams no longer had the rights to TAF by the time Junkyard came around. So FarSight should be able to include the associated Time Machine mode without issue.

Bobby stated once that FarSight was not able to get the licenses for the other two songs, and that they weren't going to hold up CFTBL over them, so I'm pretty sure they're not in there unless the licensors had a recent change of heart.

I remember that the beta had one song that didn't go into the released version. I think one song did get added in a subsequent DLC update. Get a Job is still missing, though.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I am thrilled for what we are getting. However I am less thrilled that we now have just 1 table being put out over 10 months. We now have 2 months with no tables being launched. Those 2 months with no tables being released will just suck. I have not bought season 3 yet. I will hold off for a month or two. I can't justify going out and buying it right away for a single table. I think the one table is hurting their sales a bit. I have a bunch of friends that tell me they are holding back for a while until more tables are out.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So is BK2K much of a difference from BK??...just seems odd that they would use up one of their tables slots for a table that 'appears' to have the same layout as an older table?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Seasons are not necessarily the same as years. There is no reason why Season 4 could not start in October 2014.

Yeah I was thinking that too. So we are probably fine. As long as we get one a month I am happy. I do like the new interface they show on Facebook too. So the bug fixes and changes will be cool to see.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
While I'm not claiming the Fish Tales on location here is representative of all Fish Tales machines, it will not let you catch the ball for the Fast Cast either. You have to make it as a reflex shot. Depending on machine particulars, it ranges from very difficult to impossible.
i cant say anything about FT at your location, but you can see this catch in FT tutorial video at papa.org

Dec 7, 2013
So is BK2K much of a difference from BK??...just seems odd that they would use up one of their tables slots for a table that 'appears' to have the same layout as an older table?

They aren't the same games at all. Besides having an upper playfield BK2000 really is it's own beast.

The same is true of Jack*Bot and Getaway. They are sequels, and add plenty of new stuff to justify their existance. BK2000 is probably the table that is least like it's predecessor, though.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012

Definitely dependent on the machine- one of the ones here in Denver you can very easily live catch on the left or even dead bounce to the right to backhand the fast cast on the right. I hope the kickout is not that friendly in TPA.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Now that Fish Tales is out and Season 3 has officially started, wheres FS hint to the next table?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
"The Mamushka" in Junkyard is a slightly-altered cover; it is not the actual song nor is the voicework that of Raul Julia. Williams no longer had the rights to TAF by the time Junkyard came around. So FarSight should be able to include the associated Time Machine mode without issue.

Bobby stated once that FarSight was not able to get the licenses for the other two songs, and that they weren't going to hold up CFTBL over them, so I'm pretty sure they're not in there unless the licensors had a recent change of heart.

Good call Sean! I haven't played JY since '98, and it was in a very loud place so even then, I couldn't tell the difference in sound. Thanks for the correction.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Now that Fish Tales is out and Season 3 has officially started, wheres FS hint to the next table?

They might just reveal it for our 12 days of Christmas. That was done last year. Or maybe the hint will be given as a day of Christmas.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Currently out for PC via steam, and will also be out for Mac via steam.

From what I gather it's currently in beta for both android and iOS, although it's a lot harder to know about iOS now it's closed BETA.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Beta is out for android. Shame that I bought the season 3 pack on steam I can only play the score limited version right now.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Who Dunnit is a very easy game, but one that has been good to me in league play. Even if we forget the roulette, ti's not very balanced and there's a LOT of luck in the rules. You can get free extra balls from outlane slot spins (second chance) for example. Most of my wins have been from Penthouse Party.

It is a horrid competition game, but it's fun.

The game should NOT be tuned difficult in TPA, because it's very easy in real life as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.