Android - Bug (Season 4 - T03) Earthshaker bugs

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Only played one game but...

1 Getting regular - 'Pinball Arcade is not responding' messages , on attempting to start the app.
Also app starts but no buttons respond. Don't know if this is Google Play related.
Device - SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 stock OS GPU Adreno 320

2 look at far right sidewall of cabinet - two perspex planes out of place is it?
67da3cda2b9ee6ff820b7bc03dc16ebd.jpg

3 Pro tips are missing.
49dd1208a4e8d7dc1f5137a7a3696338.jpg

4 plunger lane wood is much darker than on most real machines, coupled with poor lighting and a black plunger tip = almost impossible to see plunge strength
1f12c26b765461c8e4a95d553c64e2e1.jpg

The usual non Earthshaker bugs still exist...
Egg tilt meter causes app crash, BK upper left flipper meshing issue, etc....

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I did note the table had not been digitally touched up in parts during the beta. Check the return lanes for solenoid dust tracks.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Bug number 2 isn't a bug the real table has two, too.
Number 3 is an issue on all platforms, if someone is ill then he is ill. it will come later
number 4 isn't a bug it is only material, if the have use another treetyp back in the days the got a nother color, too
Number 1 i don't can says if is google related or not, because I don't got that bug

If you like the guide there are many guides in the Internet
http://pinball.org/rules/earthshaker.html

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bug number 2 isn't a bug the real table has two, too.
Number 3 is an issue on all platforms, if someone is ill then he is ill. it will come later
number 4 isn't a bug it is only material, if the have use another treetyp back in the days the got a nother color, too
Number 1 i don't can says if is google related or not, because I don't got that bug

If you like the guide there are many guides in the Internet
http://pinball.org/rules/earthshaker.html

Just found a pic re no 2, and your right it is there, but you can barely see it on a real table. Stands out a mile on this.
I'd argue no4 is a bug if you can't tell your plunge strength.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
No. 1 I get sort of CONSTANTLY with Earthshaker (trying out the free version of it until I can get money for it) and High Speed, it's mainly after you finish a game, the buttons disappear and in a microsecond, the app crashes, this bums me out ever so :(

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Rumble setting isn't persistent.
Set Rumble off,
Play game then gracefully exit the running app,
Kill running apps.
Start new instance of TPA = Rumble back on.

Device - SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 stock OS GPU Adreno 320.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Getting a lot of 'app not responding' errors when using the Google Play menus.
I'm using the submit error option.
3e4494e435fe7741ce80af680116ef8b.jpg

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Getting a lot of 'app not responding' errors when using the Google Play menus.
I'm using the submit error option.
3e4494e435fe7741ce80af680116ef8b.jpg
If you haven't already tried it, clear the app cache (not data). This cleared up ANRs during Beta testing in some cases.

And yes, users shouldn't have to do this.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I also find it nearly impossible to see the plunger tip but I always go by a mark where the pull handle ends up on the front of the table. For instance: camera setting 3, pull plunger till the top half of silver bolt on front of table is visible and BANG 100,000 skill shot every time. This works on just about all tables from TPA. There always seems to be something u can line the handle up to on the front of the table.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not had 'ANR' since clearing the cache, but still getting random bugs...
1 started TPA, and just got a blank black screen which didn't respond to input. You could go back to device home screen, but TPA was just black until after performing an app kill.
84ab6c5c4e2c3b42618bbbd83f418569.jpg

2 During a game of BK activated 3 ball multiball and the app visibly lost half its animation rate (dropped to approx 30fps) - killed the app, and tried to reproduce but couldn't get it to repeat.

Device SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 stock OS GPU Adreno 320.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Baron, GPS integration is still quite buggy. Better than it was during beta but still needs some work. They added a button to turn it off as they aknowledged it was less than perfect.
On the right track though.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Working on the Nexus 7, I also noticed some performance issue with GPS. For now, as it is being developed, playing with GPS turned OFF clears it up a bit.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
GPG game backup is not only storing and restoring scores and achievements, but is also copying settings and layouts from one device to another, which is a little inconvenient when playing on a phone and a tablet because of different screen sizes.
Eg - my phone is preferentially set to layout A with special button pos 30%, my tablet is scheme E special button pos 20%. But backing up scores from the tablet and restoring them on the phone also clones the other device's settings and on screen preferences.

Suggestion - Could ideally do with separating options and settings from high scores and achievements.

Device N7 2012 LP5.0 stock rooted. & SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 stock OS.

610359c4cadee05dfae91ff08cca96e1.jpg

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Bugs with Google Play integration... Every time you start TPA it asks you to join Google Plus. Pressing cancel on my old phone (Moto Atrix w/gingerbread) exits TPA. Pressing cancel on my new phone worked, but every time you rotate the screen, the "welcome to GPG" dialog kicks in and asks you to join Plus again. Rather annoying if you rotated the screen mid-game. I realize you added an on/off switch, but I think the default should be OFF instead of ON.

For what it's worth, I think you finally pissed me off enough to finally join Plus. I've been a long holdout, as I don't think Google needs to know any more about me than they already do.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
If you haven't already tried it, clear the app cache (not data). This cleared up ANRs during Beta testing in some cases.

And yes, users shouldn't have to do this.

I've noticed that I've been getting them as well. Clearing cache didn't work for me. My guess is that if the GPG server can't be immediately contacted, it just crashes.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday.

I expected a few problems with GPS, as it has not quite been perfected yet. I suggest turning off google play services in the menu if you are having problems. This option should be persistent so you won't have to turn it off every time you start the app. For anyone who is having crashes, can you please post where exactly you are having them so I can better diagnose the problem? Thank you!

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Immediately. Tap on TPA icon, screen turns black, and before the intro screen even displays, ANR (or FC, if you prefer).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.