Season 6 - Thoughts So Far

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Hi, haven't logged in for many months but just witnessed the love fest for EBD and had to say..I told you so

Edit: I just had to say..I got this as first table on PC because I couldn't wait for PS4..greatest table ever..yeah there are a couple naysayers yet on EBD, but yeah ..whatevs, totally obvious greatest pin ever and it was a sin we had to wait until season 6

Actually you should be really glad it took this long for 8bdlx to be recreated, as farsight have improved almost by every table they do, and as 8bdlx is maybe the best recreation they've done in TPA, this would not have been the case if it was done too much earlier.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Actually you should be really glad it took this long for 8bdlx to be recreated, as farsight have improved almost by every table they do, and as 8bdlx is maybe the best recreation they've done in TPA, this would not have been the case if it was done too much earlier.

Oh, what I would give for a Season 1 update.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
Overall I'm enjoying Season 6 so far and am really looking forward to trying out this month's table!

Eight Ball Deluxe - Definitely enjoying this one a lot. Challenging with lots of fun shots and certainly replayable.
Indy 500 - Really fun as well, quick with fun modes, good multi-balls.
Dr. Who - Just like with my passion for board games, often what ultimately sells me on a game is theme and I'm just not a Dr. Who fan. The table itself is good but I don't find myself drawn to it as often and that's likely due to it being Dr. Who. It's a fun game but I find myself just not caring so much while I'm playing it.
Frank Thomas Big Hurt - I like this one a fair bit (again, theme for me). I'm not avidly anti-Premier (actually enjoy them) and this one has been fun for me. I like the modes and multi-balls but that being said it probably won't be one I'll be drawn back to over and over again.
Bone Busters Inc. - It's alright, but definitely not my favourite Premier. I need to put in more time with it. I recently upgraded laptops and this one used to lag severely on my old one so I'm looking forward to trying it out a bit more on my new computer. The artwork is very busy that's for sure and I'm going to find the 3M Jackpot difficult.
Centigrade 37 - I really enjoy EMs, fun shots, simple gameplay and short game times which keep me coming back for more.
Jacks Open - As above. With EMs I love this simple buildups to good scoring opportunities. Incredibly addictive when you get on a good roll.
Dr. Who Regenerated - This is the only table I haven't really enjoyed playing. It's too dark looking, almost like there's no artwork at all. Plus the theme, as said above, just doesn't pull me in. But that's okay, it's an extra table this season and I'll always give it a go when it comes up on random.
Gladiators - It's early, and I'll likely take heat for this, but I love this one and it's a contender for table of the season for me (so far). I love the theme, I love the shots. The upper area is so fun, trying to hit that Abyss shot is rewarding (reminds me of my feeling when I hit that right-side mode select in Star Trek (Stern)). Great music. This would definitely be my second-favourite Premier after Tee'd Off.

If I had to order them I'd go with:
1) Gladiators
2) Eight Ball Deluxe
3) Jacks Open
4) Centigrade 37
5) Indy 500
6) Frank Thomas Big Hurt
7) Bone Busters Inc.
8) Dr. Who
9) Dr. Who Regenerated

travisbickle

Mar 4, 2016
As far as them "quit[ting] while they're only a little behind" that makes it sounds like you can only enjoy the game if your view of a company if their image is untarnished.

No, I can only play the game if there are good tables to play. I don't care if their company is "tarnished" or "polished". If that mission statement is "marketing", then they should have changed it to their "marketing statement".
You know, I never posted here until recently. I followed a link through the newsletter to see if anyone from Farsight would have the cojones to pop in here and explain just what's going on and why their company is so focused on shoveling this junk out to their customers. Apparently, that was a little too much to hope for.
Hey, it's no skin off my nose. I've got a handful of some very nice (non-Gottlieb) tables. I guess if their new "marketing statement" is to drain the Gottlieb teat dry and run off all the customers they used to have, then more power to them, I suppose. But I'll never make the mistake of buying a season pass ever again. And I don't think a single one of these recent tables will ever be joining my collection.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
8 ball deluxe and dr Who are ok.

My thoughts exactly....even though I haven't even bothered paying for either table. I've moved on to other gaming apps. however, I still enjoy playing previous season tables.
Perhaps FS will get their groove back this year.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
This isn't the first time this has happened. Season 2 ended on 3 Premiere two-packs. Most folks on the forum were up in arms over it. Then S3 came starting with Fish Tales and the revelation that a new contract/extension was reached. We are in that boat now, apparently. All we can do is wait (impatiently) for things to be ironed out, and hope it can be before table #61.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Season 6 is turning out to be a pretty strong season. I think Bone Busters and Big Hurt are two of the worst tables but Eight Ball, Jacks Open, Centigrade, and the New Dr Who are all pretty great. Al's Garage Band and Indy 500 are pretty good and Gladiator seems like it would be great if they would fix the issues with Kindle Fire.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
We will never get another season like the first one that is for sure.Hopefully we will get a couple more gems in season 7 before it's lights out for Farsight.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I think the "pinball simulation" torch is being passed to SPA. That's all fine if they would release some of the earlier Stern/Data East tables along with it. Especially since (pure speculation) they'll probably go DMD for the home versions of Batman '66 and Aerosmith-if they do come to SPA.

I have a bad feeling we've seen the best of what TPA could do. Hopefully we'll get remasters of the first two seasons. I doubt it though-since that may involve renewing the WMS contract. BTW, I would gladly pay to get remastered versions of the first two seasons.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not sure if SPA has enough options available for monthly releases. License issues with many of them to overcome and Stern only release a few new table per year. I think TPA will be around for a while yet. But I also think we haven't see the last of the Bally/Williams pins. Time will tell. Fingers crossed for many more successful years of TPA and SPA.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Have they released the newsletter? I was told the next table is going to be a big one. That TPA wants to start the next season off with a bang.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I haven't been a fan of Season 6. Really the only 2 tables i play this season are Indy 500 and Dr. Who. Everyone is so high on EBD but I've just never gotten into it (not even IRL). The EM's are OK but they don't do it for me.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
It's definitely looking like the weakest season. I am a big Doctor Who fan so those tables are appreciated and I really enjoy the EM's. But other than that there are 4 okay tables and 3 really bad tables.

But to be fair it has as many tables I like as the 4th or 5th season it's just those seasons only had 1 or 2 really bad tables each.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I think the season is fine. Funny enough, my least favorite table of the season is probably the most popular, Doctor Who. I have never been able to get into that game (or the show, for that matter).

Other than that, I've been pretty pleased with everything we've gotten this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.