since its so far behind

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I seen on the Virtual Pin page theres a controller for $299 id link but it locks up my ps3 when I visit, made from real parts. If only it was for consoles with bluetooth and vibration.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It makes me sad that people here are piping about how few would actually use them. Really you don't need an expensive rig to get basic cabinet support.

Here's a video i upped when i got VP working as a basic cab configuration using nothing but my laptop, a 22" lcd and a rollup keyboard (and my speakers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_DXE9vngc

I'll probably update the video and make it more of an actual "How-to" at some point...but editing video on my now aging lappy is painfully long and uploading video to youtube on my pitiful DSL connection is an overnight affair.

Thanks for posting that. I'd like to do something similar when TPA comes out on PC.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's the cabinet itself that is expensive. Plus the LEDWiz $60, plunger $139, solenoids $18x (2-8 of them), $80 worth of Cree LEDs, $350 for a real DMD and controller. Not to mention two monitors, with one of them being huge. A 22" inch monitor and a roll up keyboard don't need the cabinet features we are asking for.

The thing is is that as much as it is desired to have every bell and whistle, the more feasible it is for pretty well anyone to implement some sort of cabinet feature, the more likely it will be implemented. If people have a place they can start, then they can slowly add things...if it's supported then no problem. Somehow I doubt that the PC version is going to feature everything that is being asked for anyway, at least not at first. Will it work in a cab configuration? I bet it will. Will it support every feature in the most advanced configurations? I doubt it.

I'm guessing the following:

Multi-Monitor (I'm going to guess 2 most likely though 3 would be cool)
Analog plunger and nudging
Full button mapping (so that you don't have to rewire your button/keymapping > USB interface)

I think supporting real DMDs, solenoids, knockers etc is simply asking a little much. Not to say I wouldn't like it, but it would not be a make or break situation as long as it supports the first three.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.