Single tables

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Anyone know why they stopped selling single tables on the ipad?

It's the same on Android as well.

I think they ran out of buttons in the table purchase menu... :p

If you think about it, there would need to be this many buttons to keep the same level of choice as before.

Buy table 1
Buy table 2
Buy pro table 1
Buy pro table 2
Buy both tables
Buy both pro tables
Play free version
Cancel

Or potentially the content types were limited somehow in the DLC center.

sixmillion

Aug 9, 2012
I do not like the idea of having to buy a table I don't want , just to get the table I want to buy.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I do not like the idea of having to buy a table I don't want , just to get the table I want to buy.
I feel the same way, although, except for the initial 4, I haven't bought any tables separately that were also sold in packs. It tended to only cost 1 or 2 dollars more for the second table, and in each instance the second table was worth the extra buck or two.
With the latest pack, I might have bought DD and left FP on the table, but now that I've been playing FP, I find I like it, so I guess it's just as well.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've been perfectly happy with the table packs for the past year, but as the pickings start to get slim, being forced to buy 2 is going to become irksome. If FS ever decides to sell us Cental Park, I hope it's packed with something equally as bad so I can pass it up without blinking.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've always bought the pack and always plan to. That and on the consoles we never had the choice anyway. In a way, I wish they had either started by selling packs only on the mobile or stuck with what they were doing.

Either way it's not going to cost them any purchases from me since I'm always willing to check out a table.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'll always try both tables when included in a pack and most times, one table stands out while the other is a sleeper. Sometimes what you thought was a sleeper is actually better than the one you initially liked more. I'm usually pretty happy with the packs but don't feel that they should be a "forced" purchase, especially if you detest one table in the pack.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'll always try both tables when included in a pack and most times, one table stands out while the other is a sleeper. Sometimes what you thought was a sleeper is actually better than the one you initially liked more. I'm usually pretty happy with the packs but don't feel that they should be a "forced" purchase, especially if you detest one table in the pack.

Isn't that actually the definition of a sleeper?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I look at like this:

I pay $5 for the table I want, and get the other table for free. Fracking great deal if you ask me...

N

Nik Barbour

I look at like this:

I pay $5 for the table I want, and get the other table for free. Fracking great deal if you ask me...

Exactly as Jared says.

Also you get the odd surprise. I might not have bought Firepower on Android given the option, because I already played it a lot in WPHOF.

But Jeez...... I'm glad I got it. The tuning in TPA makes this totally addictive and a lot closer to the real table. I can't stop playing it.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
suppose the unwanted table is later used in a tourney where u must own the tables? if u want a competitive tourney score you would then have to purchase the table separately and ultimately costing you a dollar or two more for a table u don't like lol

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Exactly as Jared says.

Also you get the odd surprise. I might not have bought Firepower on Android given the option, because I already played it a lot in WPHOF.

But Jeez...... I'm glad I got it. The tuning in TPA makes this totally addictive and a lot closer to the real table. I can't stop playing it.

I'm with you here. I love the way the ball behaves in this one, the way it almost dies between the lanes up top and slowly rolls to one...the way it dies on the flippers...controllable but not TOO controllable. Has anyone else noticed the little bounce the flippers have when they return to open switch position?

suppose the unwanted table is later used in a tourney where u must own the tables? if u want a competitive tourney score you would then have to purchase the table separately and ultimately costing you a dollar or two more for a table u don't like lol

Tourneys are also going to be a major consideration. Though I'm not going to be surprised if having the non feature table in a tourney gets called a cash-grab by some..."forcing" them to buy the table either way.

I've said it before...sometimes i don't think FS can win regardless of how they approach something.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
For years I've been buying 10 hot dogs but only 8 buns. I'm not letting that bother me! :D
That's for religious reasons: "A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub." The two missing buns are for the hot dogs served to your Discordian guests.

For more information, consult your pineal gland, or, if your pineal gland is out of order, look here. (And scroll down until you reach the "Pentabarf" section.)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
@superballs I totally agree about the little touches with the flippers. I've observed the flipper return bounce and thought "just like a freshly restored flipper system". Lovely!

Last edited:
N

netizen

That's for religious reasons: "A Discordian shall Partake of No Hot Dog Buns, for Such was the Solace of Our Goddess when She was Confronted with The Original Snub." The two missing buns are for the hot dogs served to your Discordian guests.

For more information, consult your pineal gland, or, if your pineal gland is out of order, look here. (And scroll down until you reach the "Pentabarf" section.)

See now you're getting into the esoteric side of pinball :rolleyes:

I have been avoiding this discussion for so long because of how much it touches on the separation within Eggnosticism and the divine taste of Stanley.
Controversies in Eggnogsticism arose when 14th-century Eggnogstic Horace Red asked himself a question: If Stanley is the supreme eggnog, what created Stanley? The church divided itself into two branches on this issue: those who held the traditional belief that Stanley is the highest power in the universe (calling themselves “Formalists”) and those who believed that Stanley must have been created by something else (calling themselves “Physicists”).

Here we have the eternal problem facing TPA, Art or Physics. Oh Stanley! Please guide us to getting the freshest Eggnog so that we are nourished, and refreshed for every round of Pinball. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts