Site loading waaayyyy to slow

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
So, for the last month or so, it'll take up to 2 minutes just to load pages from my iPhone 5s. There's the occasional 1/8 times that it'll be a split second. My first thought was to delete history, or cookies or something. Didn't do anything. Also, it's not a connection problem (I don't think) because other sites will load just fine. I'm not hooked up to wifi, but I might try finding a hotspot tomorrow to see if that changes anything. Still, I don't see how it would because why are the other sites fine? I'm all up-to-date on my updates, so I'm pretty sure that's not it either. Just wondered if anyone else is having this... Any help is much apreciated. Thanks all!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's the same, 8.1.2, I wonder if it's because I never back up my phone. Since I don't use my desktop anymore, it doesn't even have the latest version of iTunes. When was the last time you backed yours up igofirstindy?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
It's the same, 8.1.2, I wonder if it's because I never back up my phone. Since I don't use my desktop anymore, it doesn't even have the latest version of iTunes. When was the last time you backed yours up igofirstindy?

Maybe a month or so. I was thinking it might have to do with Verizon. I usually only use my phone when I'm out and about and waiting for something. Thinking it had to do with the 3G.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I bet you're right. verizon's getting so expensive for me, it'd just be cheaper to get comcast or something, and go with the 200mb data plan. Cause even though I keep an eye on my usage, I still end up going over. But this still doesn't explain why it's only this site that's so slow.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I bet you're right. verizon's getting so expensive for me, it'd just be cheaper to get comcast or something, and go with the 200mb data plan. Cause even though I keep an eye on my usage, I still end up going over. But this still doesn't explain why it's only this site that's so slow.

Do you always get the taptalk app banner at the top? I wonder if that's slowing it down?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I just got an iPhone 5s. Upgraded from a 4s. Using either LTE or 3g, this website just sits there trying to load. On wi-fi, no big deal. Otherwise, very slow and seems like it gets "stuck".

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Do you always get the taptalk app banner at the top? I wonder if that's slowing it down?

It just timed-out 2 times while I tried to log in. Very frustrating. Smoked half a cig in the time that I was able to reply. That's a very good question about the Tapatalk, cause I haven't seen that ad for a while. But maybe that's the problem. Something might be janke about that ad. If an ad is messing up the site, then it's kind of a big deal. Seems to be only with us 5s users tho. What about MadScience though? Are you hooked up to wifi?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

T-Mobile let you roll over any unused data allowance to the next billing cycle. And if you go over your limit, they just throttle your download speed, and never charge you more.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
because this was fun to edit my double post for 10 minutes

Edit: not even successfully. Just glad that I could spend my time waiting for this site to load. And glad that photo bucket didn't give me a hard time uploading my pic. Altogether, I feel like being able to load this site, and being able to upload pics on photobucket are spectacular. I'm just happy that I didn't have to wait 30 minutes to get all of this done. Oh wait, I did. That's special.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I tried it on wife's iPhone and it never loads. Works great on my iPad, so it seems to be an iPhone only thing.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I just got an iPhone 5s. Upgraded from a 4s. Using either LTE or 3g, this website just sits there trying to load. On wi-fi, no big deal. Otherwise, very slow and seems like it gets "stuck".

I worked in wireless for a loooong time. We used to throttle people that still had the unlimited plan after like 5 BBQ month but as far as I know AT&T and verizon don't throttle 4g/let Ie:5s. Is sure so and now I'm just a Lowly cust

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hmm... I just tried on an iPhone 4S on WiFi and it loaded right away. I didn't see any kind of Tapatalk banner, either.

Are you guys having the issue ALL the time, or once and awhile?

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts