Slow down after switching to Radeon

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
Hello,

I recently switched from an Nvidia GTX960 video card to a Radeon GX460 and the frame rate in TPA has dropped significantly. Everything was working fine with the Nvidia. Any suggestions?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Has anything else on the system changed? While the GTX960 looks to be a good bit more powerful than the RX460 (I assume this is the card you mean, there is no GX460 that I know of), you shouldn't have any issues playing TPA.

More information would help with this issue:
1. What settings are you playing the game at?
2. What other hardware are you using?
3. Have you made sure there isn't another program using up a lot of your computer's resources?
4. Have you installed the latest drivers from AMD?

Hopefully you can get this sorted out!

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
First thing I'd do is make sure your new card updated the drivers. I put in a new one recently and it didn't automatically update to the latest drivers.

That said, you switched brands of cards, which means your old cards stuff is still in the system. What I'd do is clean the system of all graphics drivers and reinstall the new cards drivers. There's a program called DDU - LINK which will do that for you.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Check that TPA is actually using your new card. It's been known to switch to the integrated graphics on the CPU.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
You don't seem to like anybody. I like that about you.

i like everyone for the mostpart, im just irish and ginger

edit 0 id say if iddont like you,you would know all about it to my own dteriment

edit 2- for example yesutrday some of our finest memberswere bustin my balls and itold themallto**** off but iloved it

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.