So, FX is very much a mixed bag, but they do get some stuff right.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Twilight Zone, for example is glorious, now that the bugs causing it to hang have been fixed.

This one is definitely scary and one you never feel you really have a handle on. The rocket to bumpers to outlane drain happens, but not enough that you won't be tempted to try and grab those 10 million points. Maybe you'll get away with it, maybe not. You can dead bounce the slot kickout, but not trap it easily. You can even score 4 way combos.

While TPA had this table a kitten, this version is much more challenging and realistic, and you should buy it.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
The latest update on Steam, which added DLSS to Nvidia graphics cards and likely required considerable optimization work, has significantly improved performance. Monitoring before and after shows that the game is much more stable in menus and when the leaderboard screen appears between games.

Through informal testing, I found that disabling vertical sync and limiting the in-game frame rate, while allowing my video card software to run with an unlimited frame rate, results in the best latency. I set a limit of 120 FPS, a multiple of 60, which I believe the game's physics are built around. I hope this will minimize glitches in the ball mechanics, though I don't have concrete evidence to support this hypothesis. Ray tracing essentially doubles the latency and increases the power draw on my 3080ti card from around 100-125W to 200-250W. My 32" 2560x1440 monitor lacks HDR capabilities, but I've read that enabling this setting can also create additional lag.

As you mention, some tables perform better than others, which I suppose is to be expected. Each table is akin to its own project, and there are only so many resources that can be dedicated to each one within a given time frame. However, this latest patch gives me considerable optimism that bugs will be addressed and performance will be optimized in a reasonable amount of time. Aside from some relatively minor quality-of-life improvements needed with the user interface, I feel that things are looking very promising. I can't wait to see the game mature in development; it's already significantly better than it was a few months ago.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
whirlwind isn't bad either, and i finally managed to explain to the devs what's broken with Addams Family. were it not for that stupid glitch lightning lock for free, i would be a lot happier with the table.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
The mechanics of The Addams Family pinball machine can be annoying. The toy hand that grabs the ball takes forever, and I catch myself muttering "No, no, no!" just like Gomez in the game. It's like, come on, let's get this show on the road! And those random lightning effects that mess with the ball near the flippers? Ugh, frustrating! But despite these quirks, The Addams Family is still one of the best pinball tables I've played. It's just a minor gripe in an otherwise awesome game.

Oct 15, 2013
Hurricane seems well done. I never really played this one on Pinball Arcade due to not liking clowns but this version is fun. I enjoy ramps and it has a very simple ruleset. Hitting the Hurricane ramp repeatedly during multiball is the key to this game but it's hard for me to do. Nice theme integration on this pin.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.