Solar Eclipse

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Close to 24 hours from now it will start, It will bring the end of the world, and the spirits of the dead will come to life and eat those on earth. Are you prepared?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I will be taking most of the day off tomorrow. Have one of my smaller telescopes fitted with a solar filter. I'm. all ready for it. My wife took the day off as well. Should be interesting. I've never seen a solar eclipse through a scope before.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I bought the glasses. Going to the doctor in the morning. I'll take the rest of the day off. Where I am it will be 96.4 % coverage. Fingers crossed for clear sky's.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have a blind spot on both my eyes already from ****ty paraplegic circulation issues. Might as well add a couple more, eh? :cool:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Kind of doubt I will get to see any of the eclipse, we have storms coming through the Midwest tomorrow.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I bought the glasses. Going to the doctor in the morning. I'll take the rest of the day off. Where I am it will be 96.4 % coverage. Fingers crossed for clear sky's.

Yep, you get a nice view down there. A lot less sun coverage up my way. Enjoy it!

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I forgot about having a telescope. Bought one for the kids back when they were in grade school. It's around here somewhere. Maybe too late to find a filter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I forgot about having a telescope. Bought one for the kids back when they were in grade school. It's around here somewhere. Maybe too late to find a filter.

Probably too late unless you live near a place that sells scopes. Even if you have such a store, most solar filters are sold out. You would be lucky to find one at this time.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
DHscdAsV0AA9lLJ.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A lot of people are buying expensive solar scopes for this eclipse. I'm hoping they will be selling them in a few months at a nice discount compared to new. That's when I swoop in. :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Great experience. Guess I was wrong about the dead people, maybe next time.

How do you know ya didn't die looking at it? Quick! Try sticking your head through the wall Lemieux know what happens!

Edit - if you see stars it means it got you, phone 999! Phone a preacher and dominos pizza

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It was pretty cool. Lots of people outside having fun. My neighbor had contractors installing new patio doors today. They were over at my scope enjoying the eclipse with us. Hope he wasn't paying them by the hour. :p

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
How do you know ya didn't die looking at it? Quick! Try sticking your head through the wall Lemieux know what happens!

Edit - if you see stars it means it got you, phone 999! Phone a preacher and dominos pizza

Did you forget to take your meds today?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.