Request Some Capcom tables?

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
It would be pretty nice to see a change in manufacturers. Some capcom tables need some real loving.

For example, Airborne. I don't know why, and this comes from somebody who thinks the BK2K soundtrack is next to impossible to beat, but I find its prelaunch music to be incredibly hype. And it feels overall fast-paced, as a table about doing stunts in a jet should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7whxliZDGvI#t=1838

Another one is Pinball Magic. Some stuff in this table just seems quite interesting to hit at, and kind of feels like a spiritual successor to everyone's favorite table, ToM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRbVQB6AxWA

How about an infamously rare one? Big Bang Bar? After all, we're trying to digitally preserve tables.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rotto5aaco8

And the last one I can name off the top of my head, Breakshot, which seems to have an EM style to its layout, but still fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYrDPXXd9Ds

I know, rare, and FS would have to play the daylights out of the real deal to find how they play, btu it's always worth a try to ask, right?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think if/when they do one, Pinball Magic would be first. I believe they have the licenses so there's no business impediment. It's all technical - emulation of these tables, from what I've heard, is not as easy as say WMS WPC/DMD tables.

But I agree - it would be a great change of pace.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Pinball Magic and Kingpin are my two most wanted Capcom pins. I have played Pinball Magic on a few occasions and really liked it. I have never played or even seen a Kingpin in person but based on reputation and the gameplay videos, I'd really like to have a chance to play it (even if it is just a simulation).

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Got to play Breakshot and Flipper Football the last two days at MGC. Always enjoyed Breakshot. And these last two days are still confirming its a fun table. It's a pretty simple layout (no ramps) but the gameplay is a lot of fun. Think an updated version of Big Shot but with multiball.

Flipper Football I hadn't played before. It's a soccer theme and is odd in that there are no outlanes or even a plunger lane. Scoring is different too. It's like Fastbreak in that the scoring matches the actual pastime - e.g. 1 pt per goal. The DMD for it displays right on the table (ala Circus Voltaire) and the animations there are pretty great.

But yeah Pinball Magic would be a good first one - and that also has a unique gameplay of having to complete missions in a specific order.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The Capcom tables are the highest-quality remaining unlicensed DMDs (save SC) and I hope they have a chance of being made. They shouldn't be that rare... PM had 1200 produced, Airborne 1350, Breakshot 1000, and Flipper Football 750, according to ipdb.org. I played the whiz out of PM in San Diego back in 1995 or 1996, and some Airborne and BBB at Wild West Pinball Fest in 1996, and Breakshot reached my hometown. I'd most like to see the legendary Kingpin, then PM and Airborne, then Breakshot and BBB. C'mon Capcom emulation.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I think if/when they do one, Pinball Magic would be first. I believe they have the licenses so there's no business impediment. It's all technical - emulation of these tables, from what I've heard, is not as easy as say WMS WPC/DMD tables.

But I agree - it would be a great change of pace.

Apparently, Capcom Pinball's MPU is a major bear to emulate; only the Stern S.A.M. MPU is more of a resource hog, if what I've heard is correct. That said, I hope FS get the technical side of things sorted so we can enjoy these wonderful tables (Breakshot was my jam at PAPA 16 and its absence from PAPA 17 was a major disappointment for me).

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Apparently, Capcom Pinball's MPU is a major bear to emulate; only the Stern S.A.M. MPU is more of a resource hog, if what I've heard is correct. That said, I hope FS get the technical side of things sorted so we can enjoy these wonderful tables (Breakshot was my jam at PAPA 16 and its absence from PAPA 17 was a major disappointment for me).

Welcome back to the forums, CC13. :)

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I've actually seen VP Emulations of Airborne, Big Bang Bar, and Breakshot. I'm certain it shouldn't be that difficult.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't think the issue is emulation on a PC or console. The emulation also has to run well on mobile devices.

Yep. Pretty sure it's an issue cause of mobile devices. curious if Farsight were to stop supporting older gen iPhones if this would still be an issue on mobile. i really want Big Bang Bar and Pinball Magic.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I didn't care for most of Capcom's tables too much. Last time I played Pinball Magic, I drove 20 miles after that to play ToM instead.
Airbourne, Break Shot, or FF didn't do much fior me. But that's probably because the one time I played each one, they were in rough condition.

Kingpin and BBB both look interesting though. Too bad their pinball division bit the dust as they were starting to get better.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Welcome back to the forums, CC13. :)

It's good to be back, Cap'n, believe you me!

I didn't care for most of Capcom's tables too much. Last time I played Pinball Magic, I drove 20 miles after that to play ToM instead.
Airbourne, Break Shot, or FF didn't do much fior me. But that's probably because the one time I played each one, they were in rough condition.

Kingpin and BBB both look interesting though. Too bad their pinball division bit the dust as they were starting to get better.

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

...in all seriousness, though, you honestly shouldn't pass final judgment on a pin based on a single rough table; that'd be like judging the latest Crysis title based on a computer that can barely run the minimum settings. I promise you that you'll like these tables much better if you can find them in decent condition.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Well after the recent interviews with Bobby he said that he would be surprised if we don't see a couple of Capcom tables before the end of season six.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Hahahaha.....I have been playing Big Bang Bar on VP. Great table! Now I really want this for TPA. I thought I heard somewhere back that Farsight would like to do this table? Obviously a lot of innuedo but still doable? It's a blast. These pins with crazy themes are often fantastic.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Since shutyertrap mentioned the other day that Farsight is interested in possibly renting difficult-to-find tables for a few months to do them it seems like this would be a direct shout out for Capcom tables?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Street Fighter is Gottlieb... I think you want to talk to Zen Studios. Also, it has to have some of the worst art I've ever seen on a pin, heh.

I've played two Capcom tables - Pinball Magic and Breakshot. Both themes are repped in TPA but I think Breakshot is a cooler table. The whole concept of an old EM reinvented for the DMD era is pretty cool to me, especially given that it was a sparse, restrained table released in a period where "MORE THINGS!!" was the order of the day for pinball tables.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I've played every Capcom, and I can safely say that Kingpin is the best of the bunch. BBB is fun but way overrated. Airborne is pretty good, Pinball Magic and Breakshot are ok. Flipper Football is boring.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
After playing Kingpin I think I prefer it over WHO Dunnit. Really fun table.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.