Something Bobby mentioned in the most recent Blahcade

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Dreamworks is not owned by Disney. It is its own company and has offices out of Universal City (I.E. Universal Studios). So that possibly frees up a couple tables.

Cool.

Is Time Warner also owned by Warner Bros?

It sucks that so many Stern tables fall under the Disney/Fox/Warner Bros umbrella. At least some of the premium tables.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Cool.

Is Time Warner also owned by Warner Bros?

It sucks that so many Stern tables fall under the Disney/Fox/Warner Bros umbrella. At least some of the premium tables.

Yeah, it really does that these companies aren't willing to play ball. Leaves a lot of fans hung out to dry. You could also add Spider-Man into the tables that probably won't happen. Even if the table is based on the movie, they would almost certainly need the likeness rights to Spidey from Marvel (i.e. Disney) just like you would need Arnold's likeness for his tables.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
What Stern tables does that leave?

Striker Xtreme
Sharkey's Shootout
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Elvis?
Sopranos?
Nascar?
World Poker Tour
Wheel of Fortune
CSI?
Big Buck Hunter

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
At least it's settled that no Simpsons = hard drugs. Hate to poo in your cat piss but I'd actually rather see LOTR before homer. But only by a hair.

Sopranos please, and big buck hunter pro (under rated). If you can get past the HD3 style call outs. It's fun as a slip n slide

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It will be interesting to see how many more Kickstarters Farsight is willing to do. Some of these tables are attainable with them but not without them.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It will be interesting to see how many more Kickstarters Farsight is willing to do. Some of these tables are attainable with them but not without them.

Not sure what thread it was in, but from the sounds of it they aren't doing any more kickstarters. Looks bad for the company. Hope I'm wrong on that. They'd still get a bunch of money from us. It's the principle of it though. But I'm sure I could scrounge around for a dollar in change. Hey, every little bit helps right?

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Shutyertrap has stated this before and of course he has better connections to Farsight than I do. I was surprised at Bobby's comments in the BlahCade. He didn't sound that opposed to it but who knows.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Not sure what thread it was in, but from the sounds of it they aren't doing any more kickstarters. Looks bad for the company. Hope I'm wrong on that. They'd still get a bunch of money from us. It's the principle of it though. But I'm sure I could scrounge around for a dollar in change. Hey, every little bit helps right?

I remember another recent thread where it sounded like they are rearing to go on a Kickstarter in the near future. Difficult to say what's going to happen. Farsighted is good at keeping things under wraps for the most part and don't reveal much of anything until just before it comes up (even Addam's Kickstarter only got a few days of promotion before going live and the prior kick starters just popped up out of nowhere)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I remember another recent thread where it sounded like they are rearing to go on a Kickstarter in the near future. Difficult to say what's going to happen. Farsighted is good at keeping things under wraps for the most part and don't reveal much of anything until just before it comes up (even Addam's Kickstarter only got a few days of promotion before going live and the prior kick starters just popped up out of nowhere)

So you're saying there's hope? But I'm already shooting up.

All joking aside, I'd shell out as much as I could, and there's a lot of people here that would too. Call it our tithe.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015

I hope you are right. I want to see TSPP really bad. And of course a bunch of other premium tables. :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I hope you are right. I want to see TSPP really bad. And of course a bunch of other premium tables. :)

I'm sure they're aware of how mamy people want TSPP. Actually, if I remember correctly, from the begining of time they've shown an interest in it. Wouldn't that be amazing? It would make for a great tournament table. Or even just draw in new players. Let's hope for that. Thanks a lot Bowflex for getting my hopes up ;). Well it's kinda the same as my philosophy on life, I'll believe it when I see it. That's why I'm usually just joking in the speculation threads. But that outlook makes things more enjoyable when they do come to TPA. Gimme TSPP! Now! Pull over 504 suspect we have a dispatcher

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Amen.

So on another topic do the Bally tables fall under the Williams license? If they do still tons of tables left that are not premium-licensed.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Amen.

So on another topic do the Bally tables fall under the Williams license? If they do still tons of tables left that are not premium-licensed.

Yep, Farsight has the license for Bally pins.
We already have a bunch of Bally pins.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
well no guarantee the kickstarter would be for TSPP. All signs have pointed to it in the past and no reason that they shouldn't be able to unless Zen got some sort of no compete clause in their recent licensing contract with Fox. I doubt Zen cares too much. They've repeatedly stated they only make "original" designs (I use that term VERY loosely) and are not interested in doing reproductions (again, very loose interpretation but their words). So to a point, if Farsight came out with TSPP, it would probably have a synergistic effect on Zen if they made a Simpsons themed creation, and vice versa.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
well no guarantee the kickstarter would be for TSPP. All signs have pointed to it in the past and no reason that they shouldn't be able to unless Zen got some sort of no compete clause in their recent licensing contract with Fox. I doubt Zen cares too much. They've repeatedly stated they only make "original" designs (I use that term VERY loosely) and are not interested in doing reproductions (again, very loose interpretation but their words). So to a point, if Farsight came out with TSPP, it would probably have a synergistic effect on Zen if they made a Simpsons themed creation, and vice versa.

FarSight will find a way. Just to get us whiners to shut up. Isn't that how TAF went? There isn't a peep about TAF anymore. So shut us up FarSight

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
If there is no TSPP that would be pretty much the end of the world for me.:p
Seriously it has to be the next kickstarter table!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts