Something that doesn't make sense to me.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Early on in the development, FS said they were essentially making a framework of standard methods and references that would make it easier to build tables as time goes on. I take that to mean that things that can be replicated from one table to the next would be. An example of that would be the knocker sound. That sound could be the same across all of the tables. There are at least 4 different sounds used for that and none of them are as realistic as the one that I found via a simple google search.

I'm no programmer, but it just makes sense to me to try to streamline the process by using as many common "parts" as possible. Pop bumpers haven't changed significantly in 20 years. They have essentially the same components that they have ALWAYS used. Farsight's parts are the code they use. A little streamlining would make everyone's lives easier, I would think.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The issue is that bumpers will have (at least) subtle differences from table to table. Each manufacturer would have their own way of making them, which would change every few years or so. Arguably there is too much commonality. If you go to an arcade, and play a modern Stern then an old Gottlieb, you'll see how different the flippers act. But on TPA, all flippers feel exactly the same.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts