[SPA] App Unresponsive When Entering Initials On iOS. Forced To Close App.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I can only verify this for Star Trek so far, but both times I got a high score I was unable to do anything on the screen in which you enter your initials. Tapping does not scroll, the action button does not select, there are no buttons to exit to menu. You are stuck there. You have to froce-close the app.

Not good. Not good at all.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
miserable dude, you can wait but you couldnt resist either way you knew full wellit wasnt on spec your not dumb

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
miserable dude, you can wait but you couldnt resist either way you knew full wellit wasnt on spec your not dumb

I don't know what on spec means but I also don't understand why you are defending Farsight. The table wasn't free. As always, I bought the table to support Farsights efforts, lacking though they may be, and to support pinball in general. I had no reason to assume such a major bug was there because Farsight does not communicate clearly. I don't know where you got the info that this was a known bug but it's not on SPA's twitter or facebook page.

I gave them my money, it doesn't work right, but I'm miserable for being irritated about it? Come on.

I can overlook graphical problems but pinball is all about chasing that high score. This is a pretty big bug.

And I promise you, if I'm miserable it's only when I'm interacting with Farsight products. But I guess it's my fault for always giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
you should check and use the forum then the issue was posted at least 12-24 hours ago, their aint that many posts to check,

karl

May 10, 2012
you should check and use the forum then the issue was posted at least 12-24 hours ago, their aint that many posts to check,

Yes. This has been posted a lot, and furthermore, there is no reason to start a new topic for single bugs. Especially since there is more than one bug in SPA at the moment ;) (my favorite is the flipper hum in star trek. Stern is famous for those cheap flipper mechs that often creates hums on brand new machines (if you are lucky ;) ) and Farsight kept it in there on one of the 3 new ones. Now how cute is that:D )

Farsight has responded that they are aware of the high score bug and a fix for it has already been submitted to IOS.

Most of us would rather be playing these tables now, (warts and all) in this season of joy because it still gives us joy.(and we have been waiting a few pints for it) The highscore bug will be fixed right after the holidays.

If it gets you down, lay it down and pick it up again when the fix goes live

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Just fyi, my motivation making a topic about this bug was more about warning other would-be buyers. I read the forums and I didn't see mention of the bug. It should really be on Farsight to acknowledge these things on Facebook and Twitter.

Anyway, thanks for the workaround. I guess you can just time it out but it takes a few minutes. Better than nothing!

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
You'd think initial entry would be one of the things Farsight goes and checks for specifically before they release something. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts