[SPA] The iOS Version Looks Terrible

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Touch scheme E has been working perfect for me on my iPad Air 2. Don't forget that you can look at the zones. Just takes a little tinkering . And can I just say that Star Trek is friggin amazing. Just bought the pack not too long ago, and I've been giggling like a little school girl. Not impressed with the tables we already have with TPA. I thought they'd be better, but they are the same exact thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. The UI isn't a huge deal to me because it's not about that, it's about playing the tables.

Edit: hmmm, after playing ac/dc, the nudging doesn't seem to work. Depends on the table I guess

Thanks, now I know I'm not crazy :)
And in regard to Star Trek, count me in for the giggling....boy that table is fun!

One other thing: although input initials is not working at the moment for iOS, you can time it out to register the score. However, none of my scores that needed the input of initials registered at the leaderboards. My best score there is 32M while in reality I already had a 200M+ score. Seeing the scores of fellow iOS players, I think more people experience this. Can anybody confirm? [MENTION=4188]Gus[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=4380]Toolinit[/MENTION] ?

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Thanks for the tip on the high score table, guys! That helps a lot, I'll know it's mine.

Still, waiting 3 minutes... boooo

Toolinit

Banned
Apr 15, 2014
Thanks, now I know I'm not crazy :)
And in regard to Star Trek, count me in for the giggling....boy that table is fun!

One other thing: although input initials is not working at the moment for iOS, you can time it out to register the score. However, none of my scores that needed the input of initials registered at the leaderboards. My best score there is 32M while in reality I already had a 200M+ score. Seeing the scores of fellow iOS players, I think more people experience this. Can anybody confirm? [MENTION=4188]Gus[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=4380]Toolinit[/MENTION] ?

[MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]
I have only played a few games on the free tables, but I can confirm the weird leaderboard posting you mentioned.
My biggest gripe is the lack of a landscape view option (Is there one?). I play exclusively on an iPhone, and the current touch screen schemes are extremely difficult to manage while jamming in portrait view.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi [MENTION=4380]Toolinit[/MENTION],
No landscape yet, it was mentioned that for now it's only portrait. Are you serious though that you posted all those great scores on a mobile phone? That's crazy man! Hats off to your mad skills as they say. I had the top score on the Regenerated dr. Who table for one day and offcourse you had to come in and spoil the fun.... ;) good job though, and I rather believe neither of our scores are save when the usual suspects join in, so we better enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Toolinit

Banned
Apr 15, 2014
Hi [MENTION=4380]Toolinit[/MENTION],
No landscape yet, it was mentioned that for now it's only portrait. Are you serious though that you posted all those great scores on a mobile phone? That's crazy man! Hats off to your mad skills as they say. I had the top score on the Regenerated dr. Who table for one day and offcourse you had to come in and spoil the fun.... ;) good job though, and I rather believe neither of our scores are save when the usual suspects join in, so we better enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Bummer on No Landscape...I won't be playing or purchasing SPA tables until they get that worked out...You may be interested to know that all of my scores came from an iPhone 4s until October 2015, when I upgraded to iPhone 6s+...
Landscape Mode/Touch Scheme B or E (sometimes with invert nudge, depending on the table)...

The framerate textures (or whatever they call it) since the original Dr. Who released have really jacked with some of the tables...jittery skips & fits...The new Regen table is plagued with these (especially with feeds from the W kickout)
Hopefully, these issues will get sorted out in the next update (won't hold my breath, though)

flip on!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Those W kickout stutters can be murderous, and I think they occur with a specific DMD sequence (the one that displays 'W' with electrical currents around it), if you hit 'W' again shortly after, it does not stutter.
And we can apparently find our competitors scores in the Centigrade leaderboard where Tarek is currently at 12B, which sounds about right I'm afraid... :) Courtesy of the Great Leaderboard Server System(c) by Farsight....

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Hey Slam,Extork. Been messing around with the nudging. I had the same prob as you. I found if you scroll thru the nudge options right after you launch the app it seems to work fine after that. Its almost as if the game doesn't recognize a nudge option until you scroll thru them.
And hey Toolinit good to know you're kicking my ass every month in the tourneys on your phone. Jeez man that's crazy the scores you put up on a phone. Unbelievable. I stand and salute you sir. See ya in the next one.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hey Slam,Extork. Been messing around with the nudging. I had the same prob as you. I found if you scroll thru the nudge options right after you launch the app it seems to work fine after that. Its almost as if the game doesn't recognize a nudge option until you scroll thru them.
And hey Toolinit good to know you're kicking my ass every month in the tourneys on your phone. Jeez man that's crazy the scores you put up on a phone. Unbelievable. I stand and salute you sir. See ya in the next one.

I found that out too right after I posted about the nudging not working right. I wasn't about to let that beat me. So there are ways around most of the problems that people have been talking about. Specifically with AC/DC, (since I can't seem to stop playing this table), it would be nice to have the status report work correctly. But if you have a general idea of which multi ball mode will light up next, you can still match it up with a good song to go with it. With the enter initials bug, if it's not going to be that great of a score, I just hit pause as soon as the words enter initials come up, and then I exit. Otherwise if I want the score to stick, I'll just wait.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but with Highway to Hell, as soon as you exit hell it'll shoot your ball right down the left outlane. So I've been frantically nudging and trying to fire. The camera hasn't zoomed out yet so maybe that's the problem. I'm not even sure if that's a bug or not, cause I've only played the real table once, and I didn't know what the heck was going on. The other thing to do s to just not select that song.

AC/DC looks pretty amazing on my iPad Air 2, and I'm sure bug fixes are coming. So I'm a happy camper.

Oxy

Jul 16, 2013
Is it just me or is the DMD display tiny? When playing on an iPad the DMD is just the right size but when playing on my iPhone 6s the DMD is really small. Definitely much smaller than in TPA.
It's impossible to see what's happening on the display without taking your eyes completely off the table.
Anyone else having the same problem on other iPhone models?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

Thanks for the info, will try! I'm currently in deep with Gladiators, an infuriating but addictive experience... :)

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Running on a 10" iPad Pro. Except for the high score bug and the lack of a landscape mode, I'm pretty happy.
(Would like the DMD to be little brighter; could be the "TruTone" feature on the iPad Pro which makes it appear so dark.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.