Space Station

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Been playing a lot of Space Shuttle recently. I was curious if anyone knew why we haven't seen Space Station yet. Was SS not a popular table? Space Station looks like a lot of fun.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Haven't played it IRL but it sure looks like fun, I especially like the different slingshot configuration. Otherwise it looks not to be any deeper in gameplay than a Space Shuttle for example. It also has that timed ramp shot with a running score total and a three ball multiball.

night

May 18, 2012
They really stole that bumper-space station look from Space Shuttle! Love this kind of tables.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
They have one at the Tom Taylor tour, and I've played it a few times there. Mainly just batting the ball around the table without paying too much attention to the rules, but not sure there's too much there other than focusing on getting the multiball going (no surprise there).

It would be a nice pairing with Space Shuttle, which is one of those tables I'll play off and on.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I've played Space Station a couple of times. I like it a lot.

For me not every table has to be Time Shock or Zen Pinball deep. i like having tables that i can get in a quick game with easy defined rules and good flow.

I've always dug Space Shuttle. It looks cool, has an great theme, awesome sounds and the main focus is activating multiball. Pretty much all I'm looking for. Space Station is in the same realm but different enough.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I don't think this table has any chance of making it to TPA-even though this is one table I would love to have in it. A great, fun, and under-appreciated table with great music too.

I didn't think anyone at TPA fans cared enough about SS to start a thread. Good call Mr. Indy.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
This is a great table, and I think retro space themed tables do tend to go down well so hopefully we will get it in TPA at some point.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's a really good table. I always play it for a game or two when I go to Pelham or Vegas. I'm not sure it is widely known enough or requested much but it would make for a great table. Playfield is definitely much different and would add variety from what's out there already.

As for water themed games, there are a few others out with fathom being a pretty popular table, seawitch as well.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Another water themed pin is Waterworld, based on the movie of the same name.
I like the pin better than the movie, but that isn't saying much.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Space Shuttle is one of my favorite machines. And I really like the look and design of Space Station. I hope this will be added to the PA soon.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I thought I posted my approval for Space Station, but I guess it was another thread. Oh well, here's another boost. I don't think I've ever played this machine, but the playfield looks superb, and I trust the mighty Williams. I also think this table is a lock to be in TPA if TPA lasts through the end of Season 6... it's not a super-well known table, but FS loves late-1980's Williams (as they should) and higher-rated unlicensed post-1985 tables are getting slim. A block could be if FS figures out Capcom ROM's... and then releases five of the six Capcom tables. But that'd be wonderful so it's a win-win situation.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Not only were they both made by Williams, but Barry Oursler was the designer on both.

Space Station is essentially the sequel to Space Shuttle. It's a good game and it has a killer soundtrack.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts