Speculation on cause of multiball camera bug

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I got bitten by the camera bug on Dr Dude again today: during multiball the camera got locked on the MixMaster and I was unable to see the flippers again until both balls drained (iOS 6, iPad 3). I have an idea what may be causing the bug on this and other tables, though.

The clue was that I had a ball in the Gift of Gab scoop when I shot the ramp to the MixMaster. The camera zoom triggered (which it does not normally do in multiball). We know that balls in scoops aren't counted as being "on the table" by the TPA engine (that's why "call attendant" does nothing when a ball is stuck in a scoop). So perhaps with a ball in the Gift of Gab scoop, TPA thought it was in one-ball mode when I shot the MixMaster, and the camera zoom mistakenly triggered.

Anyway, something to pursue in tracking down this longstanding bug that affects many, many tables. (There are still issues with Star Trek and Cirqus Voltaire, to name just two). Personally, I wish that the "Scroll Mode: Locked" option meant that alternate camera views (even feature toy zooms) were *never* used, as a workaround to avoid this bug.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I think the easiest thing they could to get rid of the camera bugs is to just take out the close up cams of the table objects if the camera is in locked mode.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Personally, I wish that the "Scroll Mode: Locked" option meant that alternate camera views (even feature toy zooms) were *never* used, as a workaround to avoid this bug.

They'd still need to do something in certain cases, like when using the Spider Wheel on the backglass in Scared Stiff.

Oh and you'd still need plunger cam on some tables. And I've gotten stuck in plunger cam before. : P

Last edited:

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Dr dude is just an evil pin.

Every game is infested with straight drains, and the one game it does not happen the camera goes evil on me.

Only pin who is kicking my ass in 100% of my games played so far.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think the easiest thing they could to get rid of the camera bugs is to just take out the close up cams of the table objects if the camera is in locked mode.

They should just make the call attendant function always reset the camera to the main playing view rather than taking the feature away.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I don't want to see the close ups go away, they just need to knuckle down and finally get to the bottom of why their camera system is so screwy and fix it for good. Sure give people the option to disable close ups as I know some don't like them but don't take them away.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.