Star Trek (Stern 2013) - THOUGHTS

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
I think an LCD the size of the enormous DMDs in some Sega tables (like BayWatch) would be perfect. The LCD in WoZ might be my least favorite thing about it. Way too much info being communicated simultaneously. Great for people watching, minimal help for the player.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding onto the DMD for iconic purposes rather than cost cutting. It's a bit of a staple of pinball, I mean even Zen use it in their tables and they have so much flashy stuff going on on their tables that it really isn't needed at all.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Although I don't like soccer, this machine was real fun! :) you can't compare it to going nuts.

To be honest I didn't even realize it was time based. Very interessting shots to make. Funny loops that change the balls direction in a unexpected way. The goal is, well to shoot a goal... You have to pass the ball forward to the upper region, where some two more flippers wait to fight the goal keeper. If I remember correctly these were droptargets. After you shot a goal, your ball ends and the inserts light changes to the other player's team color (white or red).

In short, way more fun and less annoying than GN ;)

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Never directly played it, but saw the PAPA tutorial. Is it me, or has Stern really gotten lazy with Replay and Extra Ball "animations"? For Replays, it's just that ear-aching "POP", then it just flashes "Replay" with some default text, whenever it can. But yeah. Getting warp 9.9 felt much more worth it in STTNG, even if this game gives you a "multiball" for hitting 9.9. But no fancy animations for 9.9!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.