Starship Troopers mini-flipper bug (pun unavoidable)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On iOS you can change the position of the button on the screen. If you can on android, try moving it up or down and see if it works.

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
UPDATE

Just tried a full plunge (for ramp skill shot), and the mini-flipper now works when hitting the orange button.
Is there an option to increase the the orange zone?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not that I know of. I keep mine at the top of the flipper zone, just below my nudge areas. But can't change the size of the button.

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
On iOS you can change the position of the button on the screen. If you can on android, try moving it up or down and see if it works.
Oh - the button position % thing in the options.
Hadn't tried that.
Am currently testing full/regular plunging to see if it can be replicated

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
Ok - it continued to work until I exited the app.
Upon re-opening TPA, mini-flipper is refusing to budge again, even with a full plunge.
Will test some more tomorrow and report my findings (it's nearly 2am here now).

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I am having the same problem on the Ouya. The flipper only works when it wants to. I have tried the same button on other games to make sure it is not my controller, and it works fine on other games. Maybe a bug that needs to be addressed. But other than that, the game is kick ass

MOO

Dec 11, 2013
Works about around an average 60% of the time for me.
After some further testing of my own, I have come back to post exactly this.

Fresh starting the app 5 times caused the mini-flipper to be completely unresponsive 3 times WHEN PLAYING ST FIRST. Quitting table, starting a random game on a different table, then returning to ST reliably activates the mini-flipper.
On two occasions though, the mini-flipper worked normally following a fresh start, and playing ST first.

Once it is working, it does seem to continue to work normally until the app is closed.

I will continue to monitor it and post my observations

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I am having the same problem on the Ouya. The flipper only works when it wants to. I have tried the same button on other games to make sure it is not my controller, and it works fine on other games. Maybe a bug that needs to be addressed. But other than that, the game is kick ass

So does it work initially then fails during gameplay?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.