Starship Troopers Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Bonus can be huge if you're trying for Bonus Hold each ball. That being said, try to get more extra balls. This table is really brutal.

Do you get the EB lit every time you get to 10X bonus? Been trying to do that, but I've only hit it once or twice so far. Orbit really messes with shooting back to the B-U-G rollovers. Most kickouts from the Recon/Advance Planet scoop roll just far enough up the left inlane after bouncing to trip the Orbit lamps, which is annoying. Non-Orbit Multiballs are good for getting Bonus X. In particular those otherwise useless Ground/Air Attack multiballs, keep feeding the rollovers to bump up Bonus X

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Do you get the EB lit every time you get to 10X bonus? Been trying to do that, but I've only hit it once or twice so far. Orbit really messes with shooting back to the B-U-G rollovers. Most kickouts from the Recon/Advance Planet scoop roll just far enough up the left inlane after bouncing to trip the Orbit lamps, which is annoying. Non-Orbit Multiballs are good for getting Bonus X. In particular those otherwise useless Ground/Air Attack multiballs, keep feeding the rollovers to bump up Bonus X

I've actually never made it to 10X bonus. I'll see if I can pursue basically everything when I make my video.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Where do you put your button Slam? I used to have mine at 25%, but found that it's way easier at 0% is way easier. also, having it there helps for gauging how for to pull the plunger. I pull it so that the little white spot on the nob is just barely touching the button. Let go, and imidiately touch and hold the left flipper. Even though the ball might be doing some funky stuff to get on the left flipper, you can usually keep it held. Leave a tiny bit of heat on it, and then hit the ramp. I've been practicing over and over, and can make it 1/5 times (ish). And sometimes when you miss, you can have another crack at it if you didn't hit any switches.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try this. Button position is usually around 40% in games in which it is not used often (AFM for example). For ST I had it on 25, but still looking for the best config because of missing the normal right flipper too often. Will also try 0 percent

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
NP. It was a little tough to retrain myself for 0%. Just gotta remember to go the other way with your finger. Especially for late flips with the little flipper. It's tough to remember, but when this happens, you can just SLIDE your thumb upward, instead of lifting your thumb up at all. I still don't have it perfected, but I'm really liking the difficulty of this table. 222m is my HS so far. Same thing happened where I did really good without knowing the rules for the first couple of games, and now it's harder. We need to come up with a name for this phenomenon. Cause I've seen that a lot of people have this happen. 'Ghost scoring' maybe?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm at 289M for my best game, did exploit the slingshot to saucer loop a bit for that one. I've not been to Klendathu yet, only up to last planet. I know precisely what you are talking about with not knowing rules or aiming consciously, just trying to keep the ball in play. It's like an U-curved parabola, in which you score a great game at the start, then learning the table and aiming for stuff which actually lowers your score ("frustration zone"), and then getting control over the table and upping the score again, usually surpassing that first scoring plateau. "U-curved parabola"-scoring is probably not a good name, although it sounds very scientific :) Ignorant scoring? (a) vanilla scoring (game)? virgin scoring game? rookie scoring? noob/newbie scoring? JustKeepingTheBallAliveScoring ? :) I like the "vanilla scoring game" the best probably, followed by "virgin scoring game".

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for the advice! I'll try this. Button position is usually around 40% in games in which it is not used often (AFM for example). For ST I had it on 25, but still looking for the best config because of missing the normal right flipper too often. Will also try 0 percent
----
Yeah...low works on this one eh. :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Here's a cheat for one of the Wizard Goals.

- Play terribly until you reach ball 3. You should have about 10m by this point.
- Advance to Recon Level 6 and shoot the scoop to activare it.
- Usually you'll get Klendathu for this, along with the Wizard Goal completed.

Also guys, if you haven't noticed, it looks like you can play with 6 players... :)

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Here's a cheat for one of the Wizard Goals.

- Play terribly until you reach ball 3. You should have about 10m by this point.
- Advance to Recon Level 6 and shoot the scoop to activare it.
- Usually you'll get Klendathu for this, along with the Wizard Goal completed.

Also guys, if you haven't noticed, it looks like you can play with 6 players... :)

SST will let you play with up to 6 players (as seen in the attract mode teaser) but TPA will only allow up to 4 players. Sorry, Tennessee. :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
You'd be lucky to find five other people that care enough about pinball to take part, anyway. I'm yet to find one!

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Man, got up to 350mil with all of the minor planets lit ready for a stacked multi with 2 balls left.

I tilt on the second to last, and all my bug are zeroed out, and both holes are behaving as if I still had bugs remaining, so no way to trigger the multiball.

Perhaps fitting that my best game gets undone by a bug.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just a warning to all of you: There IS a limit on Extra Balls/Specials. Got mine at, even though there are many opportunities:

I AM PSYCHIC!
Multiball Special (light all bug targets)

I think it's set at a maximum of 3 claimed. The rest of your claimed EB's/Specials turn into a pitiful 10M.

By the way, can we have a Starship Troopers subforum?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts