Steam- Mac Version

night

May 18, 2012
I installed it yesterday and I can't seem to find a difference between the steam and the App-store version.. just the same iOS port. :confused: Where are the lighting fx???

starck

Jun 7, 2012
The PC version has the audio sample rate set to 44k, while the iOS and Mac version are set to 11k. I can't speak for the PS3 as I have no part in it. The lower sample rates are due to engine limitations.

Thank you for your response :). It's interesting (and understandable) that certain platforms would have engine limitations on the sample rate. From what I'm hearing I believe the PS3 version also has the audio sample rate at 11k too then.

I hope the PS3/PS4 (and Mac version) eventually get the same sample rate as the PC version. For me, that's a huge, huge incentive to buy tables, on multiple platforms :).

There are a couple of wonky issues with "immediate mode" turned on for me - it causes the application to crash when I select a table to play. I turned it off. (MacBook Pro late 2011, 13").

Also, thanks for releasing this on steam guys, it's nice to be able to try out the system and tables before buying. Much appreciated! Here's hoping that the Mac version will get some more attention now as well as development. (Otherwise I'd just boot into windows and play the PC version...)

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Anyone feeling any keyboard 'input lag'?

Definitely feel it on Fish Tales, seems like the flipper fires late after the key press, making it harder to connect with the ball at the right time.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no cross-license here (even if Steam supports it). I'm more interested in finding out what this means for those of us that paid for the App Store version. Will they still concentrate on releasing and updating tables through the App Store or are they now focused only on the Steam release. As usual lack of info here.

Same question from me about the Mac App Store version. I've got the pro version of both seasons that are no longer playable on my Mini since 3.1.0 (ball rolls like molasses) but the Steam version runs fine. Here's what Stuart posted in the FAQ on the Steam forum:

Q: Do my purchases transfer between the Mac App Store and the Steam version?
A: At this time, the purchases between the Mac App Store and and the Steam versions will not be shared.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Anyone feeling any keyboard 'input lag'?

Definitely feel it on Fish Tales, seems like the flipper fires late after the key press, making it harder to connect with the ball at the right time.

Yes, definitely have input lag on the Mac Steam version. I just tried Zen Pinball on the same machine and there is no lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.