Bug Steam PC Version 1.27.7 Bugs

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Steam PC version 1.27.7 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Bug report template
You must be able to reproduce a bug more than once before reporting.
And make sure to reproduce it yourself more than 10 times to accurately calculate the frequency.

Title Bug: Begin the title with one of the following: Crash, Art, Display, Performance, Physics, or General. Then state where the bug occurs, followed by a brief description. Ex: “General – Scared Stiff: Ball goes through Crate at high velocity”
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen):
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “640x480, 800x600, 1024x768”

Frequency of Occurrence: “60% of the time” , “Every ball that enters the crate”

Expected Result: “During 'Crate Multiball' ball enters the crate and is launched back into play from the right”
Actual Result:”Entering the crate at maximum velocity causes the ball to fly through the crate into the deadheads”

Comment: Please be descriptive. Explain the steps taken to produce the bug and explain exactly what happened as a result.

In cases where it crashes before the main menu:
Contents of Log.txt, and possibly the contents of MemLog.txt (only if we request it)
Both of those files will be in the Pinball Arcade installation folder within steam.

\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade Under the steam installation

For most people that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Title Bug: Lights...Camera...Action! - Drop Targets stay up when starting a Stunt or Jackpot Scene
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 465
Version #1.27.7
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1680x1050”

Frequency: 100% here and pretty much every other platform. This is a problem with the table.

Expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vF8rSYzT8c Start at 4:18. Note the sound of the drop targets automatically dropping at the start of the scene.

Actual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYrv-ko3hqE Start at 1:39. Drops need to be manually dropped to complete the Stunt. Note that you don't score when dropping a Blockbuster drop target during a Stunt; they should all already be dropped as soon as the mode starts.

Comment: The Jackpot Scene isn't really an issue, as the center needs to be hit 3 times.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Title Bug: Twilight Zone: Camera Wall is non-existent.
Version #1.27.7

Frequency: 100% here and pretty much every other platform. This is a problem with the table.

Expected: Note the wall where the Camera shot is.

image-35.jpg

Actual: Non-existent, and thus allows for balls to fly into the exit of the Gumball Machine and back, disallowing any reward for a Camera shot.

C5B96E705569E814ED11DB7A09D764D759203E22

Comment: Is the bar under the lower part of the Powerfield non-existent as well?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just so you guys know, I went to Twilight Zone for further testing. This multiball camera bug is CONFIRMED. What happens is that the ball being kicked out of the trough actually goes through the diverter and into the manual plunger lane; not the automatic lane.

Version #1.27.7

Frequency: Not always, but frequent.

Expected: Ball goes into automatic plunger lane just fine and no problems.

Actual Result: Ball somehow hops into the manual plunger lane and triggers this camera glitch. This doesn't actually happen until any balls on the playfield are stopped at a kicker, scoop, etc. The camera will revert back to normal once multiball ends (for me, that is). On my video, the bug happens at the beginning and at around 1:30. Watch closely as the ball hops into the manual plunger lane.

Last edited:

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
General - Premature plunging doesn't strike the ball
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version: 1.27.7
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Hold enter to pull back plunger rod before ball pops from trough, release enter to shoot after ball pops from trough.
Actual Result: Hold enter to pull back plunger rod before ball pops from trough, release enter and ball just sits there.

Comment: This long-standing bug has been reported multiple times.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Table: TWILIGHT ZONE
Issue: Camera locks at plunger during 3-ball multiball
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon
Ram: 4GB
Version #: 1.27.7
Display Mode: Full Screen Windowed
Display Resolution:
Frequency: second multiball possibly (~20%)

This is better now. But I haven't played enough to declare it cured. It's probably related to a lack of auto-plunging.

Jamesac68

Aug 14, 2013
Title Bug: Black Knight collision detection in upper playfield
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti
Version #1.27.7

The upper playfield in Black Knight appears to be toast. More specifically, the multiball section locks the first two balls most of the time, if one of them doesn't treat the lock area as a clear path to fly straight through, and ball 3 can do one of three things. Most likely it will lock into place with no registration, requiring an attendant call. I've also seen it fly through the other two treating the locking area like an empty lane. Finally, I've persuaded it to work one time out of five.

I've also seen a ball go through the barrier between upper and lower playfield, treating it as a flat surface with no "drop" for the height difference. This happened once and I can't recreate it.

Thing #3 is losing a ball in multiball, possibly in the glitchy ball lock area up top but I can't say for sure. Calling attendant gave a message that no balls were lost, but it just hung there doing nothing. I've only been able to persuade multiball to happen once so haven't been able to recreate this.

General - Premature plunging doesn't strike the ball
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Version: 1.27.7
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

As JavaJack stated above. The plunger doesn't like it's supposed to unless you wait for it to settle into place.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: Cactus Canyon first ball lock sound issue
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Geforce 670GTX
Ram: 6GB
Version : 1.27.7
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% Every time the first ball is locked

Expected Result: Ball lock sound being the main sound played with rest being muted or low.
Actual Result: Both music and ball lock sound are playing through each other.

Comment: I don't know if the real table has this too but it doesn't seem to be right. It does do it on some other sounds too but not as frequent as this.

As to what JavaJack mentioned, this table doesn't seem to have that issue, I can pull the plunger before ball is dropped and it still fires.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts