Steam - Season Pro Upgrade

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,
the Newsletter tells that today the pro upgrade is on sale, but how do i upgrade? I just can upgrade tables. I have season 1 and 2 bought in the game, so the steam shop dont show season 1 and 2 as purchased, but i can play them. So where is the function to upgrade a season?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
The Newsletter tells you the prices for all platforms, but, as far as I know, the Pro Upgrade is not available on all platforms.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
It's time for the Pinball Arcade Summer Sale!

This time around, the Season One and Two passes are 50% off the retail price on all platforms!

Season One Bundle (21 Tables) - $14.99
Season One Pro Bundle - $19.99
Season One Pro Upgrade - $4.99

Season Two Bundle (19 Tables) - $14.99
Season Two Pro Bundle - $19.99
Season Two Pro Upgrade - $4.99

SALE DATES
iOS & Android (Google Play, Amazon & OUYA) - TODAY 7/24/15 - 8/28/15
Steam - Tomorrow @ 10AM 7/25/15 - 8/08/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita - 7/29/15 - 8/28/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita Europe - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.
Xbox One & Xbox 360 - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.

It should be available on Steam as well, but I can't find a way to buy the upgrade as well.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
I'm having the same problem, but I think what Biff is saying is that the sale may be on all platforms but the ability to upgrade a season seperatly may not be an option. I know on my Kindle I can select upgrade the entire season but Steam doesn't give me that option.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Ah, ok, I didn't remeber there are already upgrade options on some platforms like PS3. Then it makes perfect sense, although it's about time to get this to PC (and I would love to take the discount for S1 + S2)

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
Yes, why? You guys are leaving money on the table. I'm not sure what you have to loose by offering the upsell, and quite a few quick buys by not. The single table upgrade rate is abhorrently high, but I'll happily kick you guys a small fee per season. I didn't buy the pro seasons before because the tables were so fuzzy and low rez they weren't worth looking closer at. You guys have now solved that problem, so take my money lol!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I'll write up a report and see if we can rectify the issue. I had thought the PC had all purchase options available like the other platforms.

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
August 3rd, still no option to upgrade (except in-game, which doesn't work nearly as well). Please add this before the sale ends! I'm already kinda mad I missed the sale in the first place...

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
August 3rd, still no option to upgrade (except in-game, which doesn't work nearly as well). Please add this before the sale ends! I'm already kinda mad I missed the sale in the first place...

What's the "doesn't work nearly as well" part? I also did not have S1 or S2 Pro so went through the process of upgrading those in game. No issues. Is the problem with the additional step of adding funds to the steam wallet? It adds the exact amount you need to do upgrade.

tenparts

Aug 1, 2015
The problem isn't the bit about adding funds to the Steam wallet. Also, for the record, you actually have $0.01 left over per item.

The problem is that TPA is an incredibly temperamental program and has a habit of crashing if you even so much as go into menus in a certain sequence. Sometimes TPA will even lock itself in a bad cycle of corrupting certain files almost every time you dare to play the thing, requiring you to recheck it every single time this happens.

Alt+Tab and the Steam Overlay are two big vectors for this. If the upgrades were just normal DLC options on the game's Steam page, you'd at least alleviate the problem a bit. Plus, it's just nice to have that option.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I would have bought this if it had shown in the actual Steam store. No way was I going to bother with doing it from within the game.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
It is available for a whole season. Click on a "Go pro" button on a table and then "Buy all" - you will get the pro upgrade offer for the season of the table selected.

It's not possible to buy it as DLC in the Steam store.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It is available for a whole season. Click on a "Go pro" button on a table and then "Buy all" - you will get the pro upgrade offer for the season of the table selected.

It's not possible to buy it as DLC in the Steam store.

Great. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts