Stern metallica pinball

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
I am really turned off with the fact that Stern makes different versions of these tables.

However I like how the cartooney one looks.

It appears JJ has made old man Stern sh*t his pants a little. Well so far...we will see how the rest of this table develops.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Oh man, the Pro translite looks SO much better than the Premium. Just when I thought Stern had gotten rid of the old Photoshop...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is quite possible the best artwork and toys I've seen on a Stern. Regardless of your opinion on Metallica, you have to admit this looks like a complete departure from what they've been doing and this has actual style to it rather than some cut and paste photographs that they could easily have done. I find most of the artwork I've seen thus far to be fitting with Metallica but stuff that could work if it was just a generic monster theme of sorts. Stern's website has also been down the better part of the last 24 hours. It seems like this pinball table has gotten the most attention and lots of well-read websites are re-posting the preview videos and getting lots of hits. This table is going to do crazy numbers if Stern produces the right number of tables. Wish it had color-DMD, though and they got rid of the various versions.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Metallica.. Kill 'm all, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, I think I lost some of my hearing listening to these guys!

No love for Ride the Lightning? Booo!

...and whacking Lars' head with a silver ball sounds like good fun to me. =D

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The Pro version is meant to go on-site, take money and generally be more reliable with the beatings they take, Limited and Premium editions are for collectors.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
As a person who could never afford a NIB pin I usually don't look too much at pics of new Stern tables. With that said, this pin looks so good, I can't help but stare at the photos and check out the little details. Can't wait to see a gameplay video and really can't wait to play it.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Its so ridiculous looking in what world we living in, with hunger, wars and all sorts of awfull stuff.

But pinball is still something..... That makes me regret that i cant afford to buy nibs. Its not that i am jalous of the people who do, thats not it.

But i am so addicted to pinball that its just a little boys dream inside my old 39 year old wrecked body to one day be able to buy one.

Is that a bad or selfish thing?

Its just.... Pins grapped me by my balls 30 years ago and they wont let go, ;-).

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just watched Paranormal activity 4 the young girl has a metallica poster in her pink frilly room WTF!? and her friend is wearing a metallica t-shirt......C'MON

karl

May 10, 2012
The more I see, the better it looks. I agree 100% that the premium back glass is a downer, but I just can't understand those who think there is no reason to buy the premium. Magnet, Hammer, animated snake, animated cross, LEDS, different target bank , different programing, etc. There is so much more on the premium that I would consider buying it and just buy an pro translite to go with it. I really want this one :p

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks for the info Jeff. A couple of hours ago I did something I thought I would never do. I ordered a brand spanking new Stern Machine, the premium version of Metallica. I will probably buy the pro version translite to go with it. The pro and limited machine will be available in may and the Premium in June. Now, where to find room for the bloody thing and time to start listening to some heavy music again :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the info Jeff. A couple of hours ago I did something I thought I would never do. I ordered a brand spanking new Stern Machine, the premium version of Metallica. I will probably buy the pro version translite to go with it. The pro and limited machine will be available in may and the Premium in June. Now, where to find room for the bloody thing and time to start listening to some heavy music again :)

Congrats, Karl! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts