Stern Music tables, would you buy and at what price?

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

I would love to see any of the music tables Stern made over the last decade coming to TPA, like Metallica, AC/DC, Elvis, Rolling Stones.
Since there are songs of the bands involved there might be the need of a kickstarter or a higher selling price.

I think the current price x2 would be fine with me for such re-creations. So on IOS that would be around 9,99 EUR.
Would you buy it? And at what price?

karl

May 10, 2012
10 dollar, no problem. It would be cool if they tried it that way, to see how many they would sell but it is a big gamble for them. They would have to sell more than half of the usual sales. Not a given.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
It seems like Farsight would have already looked into one of these pins. If they have I would love to know how much cash it would take. Ten to twenty dollars would be good.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah I'd say $10-15 for AC/DC or Metallica would be fine for me. AC/DC also has like 5 different versions of that table. Would want at least the LE and Luci versions. Would be fine paying the $10-15 separately for both. The Pro LED would probably be neat too as it doesn't have the bottom playfield. Metallica just need the Premium edition.

Would think Elvis would be possible in a regular season but would be ok with paying up to $10 for it. Its a fun table and would be nice to have an actual music pin.

Rolling Stones isn't that great of a table but would still like to have it. Would be reluctant to go above $10 but would probably anyways if offered.

invitro

May 4, 2012
$25 for AC/DC or Metallica.
$9 for KISS.
$7 for Elvis.
$3 for Rolling Stones.

More if the sound quality of the songs is very good.
More for KISS if it has Tears Are Falling or Heaven's on Fire or Lick It Up.
More for Metallica if it has One or Jump in the Fire.
More for Rolling Stones if it has any number of all-time best-ever songs that weren't hits.
Most of the price is because I've never played any of these except Elvis (which I liked a fair bit).
I might pay >$25 for WMS tables I've barely played, like I500 or JMnemonic.

It's not gonna happen though... maybe when TPA3 drops, in 25 years.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The newer Rolling Stones pin isn't all that good (being kind) but I'd still pay a premium for it. I love the Stones and their music, but that one ramp is soooo easy to hit. And can you think of a worse play field toy than Mick on a stick? Makes me laugh when I play it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
More than once we've heard from Stern that they want to release digital versions of their tables alongside with the physical one. I think that's going to come at some point. Whether Farsight is the developer or not? I don't know.

Metallica, AC/DC and KISS - $10-20 no problem especially for the PS4 version.
Elvis - maybe $10
Rolling Stones - eh, keep it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'd be okay with $10 for any modern Sterns, not just the "music" ones. $10 for Star Trek, Walking Dead? Why not?

$10 would probably not happen though - I'm thinking $15 would be a sweeter spot for whoever did them, not necessarily for the consumer mind.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I'd be okay with $10 for any modern Sterns, not just the "music" ones. $10 for Star Trek, Walking Dead? Why not?

True, those machines are hard to find over here. Played Stern's Indiana Jones some months ago. Was in bad shape, so I did not play very long though.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
$10 is a bit too much with the current dollar exchange rates. $7 is good enough for me, the Kickstarter price.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'd gladly pay $10-$15 for the latest music Sterns.

I'd pay $50 easy for Guns-N-Freakin' Roses! (I know that will never happen for TPA, BTW)

But with the exception of "kickstarter" tables, FarSight rightly has tried to keep prices low to make pinball affordable for more people, or so players can afford tables more easily on multiple platforms.

Cross-buy is understandably a hot topic, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
I'd pay $20 for GnR just because I have a nostalgic attachment to it (July of 1995...). Maybe more if it came down to it.

Eh if you came to me right now and said "you can buy GnR for Pinball Arcade and this is your last chance, expires forever tomorrow" I guess I'd go up to at least $50 but might regret it.

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
I would very much dislike any music tables. I don't feel like listening to the same songs over and over and over again. Unless you can turn off the songs, then it would be acceptable. But never mind the music tables...let's hear it for the two best new tables around, Star Trek and The Walking Dead!!!

Members online

Members online