Stern Pinball Arcade first impressions

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Wow, actually got to watch the vod of Voof's twitchstream of SPA without any copyright claims made to it.

I see squeak and myself caught the 'ball to ball interaction near a flipper, ball clips through the flipper' issue around the 44minute mark

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
laser lighting show during MB on Star Trek looks like worst piece of sh1t i ever seen - instead of coolest thing of table which lights everithing on playfield like on christmas eve in spa it looks like some swarm of GREY/BLACK dots !! 6m5s in the video
and this completely wrong car model on turn table of Mustang wit wrong color of mini car models on rails.

i'm not looking to buy another piece of trash from you FS - you said about "100% accurate gameplay and graphics of the real Stern pinball machines." - from what i have seen today - it's totaly just another LIE from you. and now you charge 10$ for it.
fix it before PC release or go fn' away with it!!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
i'm not looking to buy another piece of trash from you FS - you said about "100% accurate gameplay and graphics of the real Stern pinball machines." - from what i have seen today - it's totaly just another LIE from you. and now you charge 10$ for it.
fix it before PC release or go fn' away with it!!

I know you're frustrated, and rightfully so, but please keep your criticism civil and constructive. Thanks.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I know you're frustrated, and rightfully so, but please keep your criticism civil and constructive. Thanks.
i was very constructive - and pointed this bugs, more than that - i pointed on them weeks ago when they just posted promo video on the spa web site. and what? - nothing, no any reactions from fs - they just doubled the price.
I think all of us here who support this guys with their wallets for all this years buying all this "Pro" packs, atleast deserve some clear official statement and little more operative reaction on this eyes exploding bugs, than just their usual "we are looking to fix this problem somewhere in future" and "this is on our list".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
i was very constructive - and pointed this bugs, more than that - i pointed on them weeks ago when they just posted promo video on the spa web site. and what? - nothing, no any reactions from fs - they just doubled the price.
I think all of us here who support this guys with their wallets for all this years buying all this "Pro" packs, atleast deserve some clear official statement and little more operative reaction on this eyes exploding bugs, than just their usual "we are looking to fix this problem somewhere in future" and "this is on our list".

Totally agree, man. I'm as disgruntled with Farsight as anyone. Just got to keep a cool head about it though.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Totally agree, man. I'm as disgruntled with Farsight as anyone. Just got to keep a cool head about it though.
no prob with that Jeff, i just wanted to say what this time we really need start to vote with our wallets - any other way will be again just blabbering about issues we have for another few years without results.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No. They didn't. Just wasted 5 bucks hoping they did. The AC/DC tune is still butchered. :mad:

Sure doesn't sound like it to me. The missing notes from the PC version are there for the hearing in the PS4 version.

Granted, it's not much of a change--there were notes missing, and now they're back. I figured they were taken out to make it legally distinct from AC/DC's "Big Gun."

Oh, and the high-score tune has different instrumentation now, but the same melody. Not sure what the deal is there.

But the music doesn't keep playing when the Dynamite Feature animation is running anymore, at least not on SPA. Still does on the main TPA game.

Keep in mind, I've never seen one in the wild to compare--all I've got is YouTube.

And it STILL sounds a bit different from TattyAdams' video of the game. But all the riffs are there. I think you and I are hearing different things somehow.

I will give Kaworu one thing, though--those moving dots on the Star Trek table? I seriously thought it was a disco ball overhead, reflecting off the glass. I don't know WHAT was up with that.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hi everyone,just want to know if us bludgers from the other side of world are getting Stern on PS4?nearly the 17th over here :cool:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I will give Kaworu one thing, though--those moving dots on the Star Trek table? I seriously thought it was a disco ball overhead, reflecting off the glass. I don't know WHAT was up with that.
that how it should looks like during klingon multiball starts at 4m40s
it is not just color of laser dots wrong - they must be not just flying right to left, but more like in a curve because the way and point they are projected from - and look on a left flipper how it is lighted with this lasers.

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I haven't posted for a while but I was really looking forward to SPA. I will be voting with my wallet this time. Normally I would trust a company to sort bugs out with patches and buy games which excite me anyway. With farsight's track record on the PS4 already I am just not willing to take that risk, especially with a hike in price for tables.

If the bugs and bad-looking tables ever do get sorted out then I will buy, as I'm not going to deny something I really do want just to make a point, but I would be very surprised if that ever did happen.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
hi everyone,just want to know if us bludgers from the other side of world are getting Stern on PS4?nearly the 17th over here :cool:

On the plus side, it might get to us outside of NA with a few bugs quashed. I'm curious about the differences in availability for the Premium and LE editions of Star Trek and AC/DC. Are the LE ones only in the retail disc release? If so, will that include the Premium tables too?

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Yeah, that is not even close. What do you think the mobile version will look like? :p
i dont want to look arrogant for people who uses mobiles as a main platform to play TPA, but i dont even understand any reason to do this other than just dont be able to play it on pc.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
i dont want to look arrogant for people who uses mobiles as a main platform to play TPA, but i dont even understand any reason to do this other than just dont be able to play it on pc.

For me it's because my only PC is in an upstairs office. I rarely go in there unless I'm doing work. On my tablet I can play while watching tv. I also like to be able to play at work during lunch or waiting for my car to get inspected, etc. That's why I am a mobile guy. I have a PS3, but my wife would be bummed if I monopolized the tv with it.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
portable pinball on the go? lets not quibble about laptops.
For me it's because my only PC is in an upstairs office. I rarely go in there unless I'm doing work. On my tablet I can play while watching tv. I also like to be able to play at work during lunch or waiting for my car to get inspected, etc. That's why I am a mobile guy. I have a PS3, but my wife would be bummed if I monopolized the tv with it.
that why i wrote "main platform" - i mean to play competitively or for wizard goals, not just for fun or spend some time in queue - this what takes a lot of time and need high level of control and visual comfort - things you can not achieve on tablet or smartphone with tpa

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I decided early on that I would choose one platform and stick with it. But it hasn't been easy, the PC version looks soooo good.

I'm really excited about Mustang. I haven't played it much in real life. But I think it could be an underrated gem for me. I haven't seen that one on Twitch yet. Hope to catch someone steaming it today.
Saw AC/DC and Star Trek yesterday and totally agree about ST being too dark. The top of the table is lost.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts