STERN Pinball Arcade is now live on PSN (for the PS4)

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
why are trophies such an important part of peoples lives? is it like a pissing contest or something? is it because you/we are male?

is it an arbituatry scale that you can measure. is it cuz you/we/me like to collect things?
when is enuf trophies... do you play a game, just for a lil flash in the corner, with a chime, that says you did something?

im not talking ****... I just don't get it.

Trophies are a game within a game. I find it makes for a much deeper gaming experience and gives the game extra life. Even after earning Platinum, I would play NHL or SW Battlefront a lot but for a lot of games, by the time you get a platinum, you have exhausted it. But if they didn't have trophies, let's say like Pinball games, no way do I bother to play them and get good. Just not enough to motivate you to do it. I guess you could do it for leaderboards but that seems more one-dimensional by spamming certain sections of the table over and over.

I do enjoy looking at my trophy card and seeing what % of trophies I got from which games and how rare they are. but if I want to play a game, I get it no matter what or how hard the trophies are. But my hours of gaming have gone way up from having extra challenges/accomplishments to seek.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
why are trophies such an important part of peoples lives? is it like a pissing contest or something? is it because you/we are male?

is it an arbituatry scale that you can measure. is it cuz you/we/me like to collect things?
when is enuf trophies... do you play a game, just for a lil flash in the corner, with a chime, that says you did something?

im not talking ****... I just don't get it.

Well, for many gamers, trophies are fun to collect and add longevity to some games.
Its neat to look back on nearly 10 years of this and last gen and get a visual reminder of how far you made it through certain games.

Sometimes Sony also has contests where you can have a better chance of winning depending on your quantity of trophies, so there is that as well.

Either way you look at it they are expected of the developer.
And if you don't like them then you can disable the popup and get on with your day as if they never existed in the first place.
Everyone wins..

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
We´re getting in the second week of the new year, but still no sign of Stern Pinball arcade in Europe on Ps4. And the best: No Information when we can expect SPA for months!
Is Europe "terra non grata" for Farsight?
By the way, for a very long time no new tables for TPA.

Anyway: Best wishes to all of you for the new year!

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We´re getting in the second week of the new year, but still no sign of Stern Pinball arcade in Europe on Ps4. And the best: No Information when we can expect SPA for months!
Is Europe "terra non grata" for Farsight?
By the way, for a very long time no new tables for TPA.

Anyway: Best wishes to all of you for the new year!

The app is in an approval process. We'll post more when we can schedule a release date.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
History has told us it really pays to buy TPA stuff from the US marketplace. Cheaper, aswell.

Thanks for this tip, but in Germany you can´t get psn-cards for the us-market (checked this on Amazon,de; Amazon.com has a Region-lock). By the way, Sony may delete your account, if you´re having two Region-accounts on one PS4. Too much risk and effort just for TPA, in my opinion.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Flippy. Do you know if the Limited Editions are coming to the PS4, like on the Xbox 1? Thank you for your time.

They mentioned to me on the last Twitch stream that Xbox 1 has the exclusive on LE editions atm but later on the other platforms would get them.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
They mentioned to me on the last Twitch stream that Xbox 1 has the exclusive on LE editions atm but later on the other platforms would get them.

Thank you very much for the information Blkthorne. I have a friend who bought the disc version for the PS4 and was asking why the Limited Editions weren't available as advertised on the box.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
As #Blkthorne mentioned, the LE tables will be coming to all platforms we have released on.

Thanks, but since on PS4 they are not declared exclusive to the disc version as per the cover/back, am I correct in saying that the LE-pack can be purchased by digital-only PS4-owners as well?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks, but since on PS4 they are not declared exclusive to the disc version as per the cover/back, am I correct in saying that the LE-pack can be purchased by digital-only PS4-owners as well?

Correct, the LE tables can be purchased by digital-only PS4 owners as well.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Correct, the LE tables can be purchased by digital-only PS4 owners as well.

Woohoo! Where's the Like-button when you finally need it. I haven't found the disc version here in Canada (regular places like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.), so this is awesome news.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The retail discs are only in the US... even TPA was only on disc in the US. You have to import them if you want the disc in Canada, or get it digitally.

Members online

Members online